Off Topic Messages

My Steelers......

Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:13 pm

...are playing for the right to go to the SuperBowl today.

I have been exiled to the den to watch the game........with the door closed lest I frighten Justine and Jordan with my incessant screaming, ranting, raving, and celebrating.

The children are being kept upstairs........my wife will not allowed the children to see me in this hysterical state.

She refuses to see me until after the game. She will not speak to me for the rest of the night if the Steelers lose.

She is a wise woman.

If we lose, I will need friends......consider this a cry for help. :wink:

Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:23 pm

No way.. I agree with your wife....you deserve all you get :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:07 am

Congratulations Scatman!

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:21 am

Thanks Pete!!!!!! A walk in the park,baby!!!!

One for the thumb this year!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:32 am

Scatter wrote:Thanks Pete!!!!!! A walk in the park,baby!!!!

One for the thumb this year!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

as a diehard Cowboy fan, native Dallasite, may i say.. spare me! :lol: u guys were just lucky in 76 and 79! :wink:

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:41 am

Kylan wrote:
Scatter wrote:Thanks Pete!!!!!! A walk in the park,baby!!!!

as a diehard Cowboy fan, native Dallasite, may i say.. spare me! :lol: u guys were just lucky in 76 and 79! :wink:

Kylan my friend, you paid us back in spades in 95.........to this day I can't watch highlights of that game :?

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:47 am

Yes thats true! lol don't ever forget Larry Brown!! hehehe btw, ill prob be pulling for the Steelers, esp if Carolina beats Seattle. cant stand Carolina. besides, i like the BUS and Cowher!

Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:54 am

Larry Brown was the luckiest man in the history of the NFL. A talentless stiff who happened to be in the right place at the right time. Signed a huge contract with the Raiders based upon that game.....and was out of the League in 2 years. I still think O'Dummel threw that game :evil: :P

I'm not too bitter, eh??? :lol: :lol:

Anyway........welcome aboard the bandwagon!!!! Glad to have you!!!!!

Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:56 am

Not even close. So much for the blitz. :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:36 am

Go Pittsburg Steelers! Beat the Seattle Stealers, who are attempting to claim that a "tradition" they bring out during their winning seasons trumps Texas A&M's 83 year strong Tradition of the 12th Man.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:55 am

Roll Tide!

For those of you who really know football deciding who I am pulling for in the Super Bowl shouldn't be a problem.

Hey Scotch, we really know who you guys 12th man is....
The Boosters!

lol

Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:38 pm

In this match-up, I indeedly
root for the Steelers.

Culture VS Culture too.
I hope the redblooded American hardworking beer-drinkin' Pittsburgh guys
beat the crap out of those metrosexual wimp coffe-sippin' tech nerds from Seattle

Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:51 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:In this match-up, I indeedly
root for the Steelers.

Culture VS Culture too.
I hope the redblooded American hardworking beer-drinkin' Pittsburgh guys
beat the crap out of those metrosexual wimp coffe-sippin' tech nerds from Seattle

GG -
I have a sneakin' suspicion that the guys who work in the steel mills won't be suiting up on Sunday, nor do I think Niles Crane will be QB for the 'Hawks.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:05 am

Scatter,
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR STEELERS!!
sue

Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:29 am

AWESOME!!!!

I am a happy man!

Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:48 pm

Some pretty bad calls made during this game by the refs. The score should have been 21-17. The Seattle touchdown getting nullified because of the so-called push off was ridiculous. Even John Madden thought so. And the low tackle by Hasslebeck after the interception should never have been called.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:54 pm

Ditto Pete.

The refs seamed to make some pretty questionable calls on Seattle.

I mean hey - this is the SUPERBOWL, which means the two best teams in the nfl go head-to-head, so refs - LET EM' PLAY!

Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:14 pm

Why didn't the Seahawks go for the 3 at the end? I know an on sides kick is tough, but it is better then no chance!!!

I hate to say it, but they may have been the better team. It was like the cards were stacked against them. At the same time that quarter back was wild when he was under pressure.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:57 pm

genesim wrote:Why didn't the Seahawks go for the 3 at the end? I know an on sides kick is tough, but it is better then no chance!!!

Most coaches, for whatever reason, feel like they must get the touchdown first, and bust their asses to do that, at the expense of the clock. It is ridiculous because, as you say, you need two scores, anyway.

Speaking of the clock, the Seahawks did a masterful job of clock-management in the game, eh?

Congrats to the Steelers and their fans!

Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:23 pm

Congrats, Scat and to other Steeler fans.

Frankly, ol' Pittsburgh could use the lift...

Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:22 pm

I also made me SICK to see Tom Brady there for the coin toss! Enough of him and the Patriots!

I'm mean geeze, does this guy have to find some way to be involved in the superbowl every year :roll:

Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:44 am

Thanks guys!!!!!

Yes, there were some bad calls in the game. The pass interference was not one of them though. That push stopped the defender's momentum toward the ball/receiver. Good call.

The low block call on Hasselbeck.......pretty ticky-tack.

The holding call that negated the Seattle TD? Damn, the guy was practically CHOKING the defender.

They still had the chance to get the TD back.......they just couldn't do it.

Bottom line.........great teams overcome the everpresent human error. Anyone see how the Steelers were hosed by the officials in Denver by having the Polamaulu interception wrongly overturned?? They just got back out and took care of business........they overcame.

Seattle was plagued by dropped passes, a nervous QB, and 3 huge plays by the Steeler offense that they were incapable of defending.

The Steelers never played their "A" game........and that was still enough to beat Seattle by 11. So how could the best team not have won??

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:29 am

Scatter wrote:Thanks guys!!!!!

Guys? Well, in that case, I'm taking back my congratulations
and go commiserate with my uncle who lives on Bainbridge Island off the
Seattle coast and is a huge football fan!! Just kidding!!:smt061
sue

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:50 am

silver wrote:
Scatter wrote:Thanks guys!!!!!

Guys? Well, in that case, I'm taking back my congratulations
and go commiserate with my uncle who lives on Bainbridge Island off the
Seattle coast and is a huge football fan!! Just kidding!!:smt061