Off Topic Messages

Narvel Felts

Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:22 pm

What do you guys think about Narvel Felts?

I have listened to his albums lately and I think he has an amazing talent!

I like these songs: Take Me In The Name Of Love, DonĀ“t Let Me Cross Over and many other.

I would like to know if he is famous today.

Renan.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:17 am

Narvel Felts is still working all over the world today, Renan. He comes to England a lot to play country and rock n roll shows. I've seen him at Hemsby and he sang all of his early rock n roll stuff from the '50s. He recorded at Sun and also for Mercury and lots of other labels before he became a country singer in the 1970s.

His biggest country hits include 'Reconsider Me', 'Funny How Times Slips Away', 'Everlasting Love' and 'Drift Away'.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:59 am

A very smooth and easy to listen to voice.

I once heard him perform the George Jones hit, The Grand Tour. When it first started, I thought what is he trying to do to that song? When he finished, I wanted to hear it again.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:46 am

Never heard of him! That's great because I have something/someone new to discover.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:55 am

PORTRAIT OF MY LIFE

This album, PORTRAIT OF MY LIFE, is an audio biography. These songs tell the life story of country and
rock-a-billy legend NARVEL FELTS. They include his five biggest hits! Plus narrations by NARVEL.
NARVEL FELTS made his recording debut as one of the original rock 'n roll artists in the 50's and went on to
become a major internationally acclaimed country artist in the 70's.

His more than 50 hit recordings include the top ten chart records P, "When your Good Love Was
mine", "Funny How Time Slips Away", "Somebody Hold Me (Until She Passes By)", Lonely Teardrops,
Everlasting Love" and the 1975 record of the year, "Reconsider Me".

The popularity of his recordings has made NARVEL FELTS a consistent top drawing card for worldwide concert
dates and keeps him in demand for personal appearances and television. As an additional tribute to his success,
NARVEL FELTS entered the 1990's numbered among the top country music artists of all time. Since then he's
had records reach the top thirty in the US and the top ten in Norway, which continues to enhance his popularity as
a world renowned country and rock-a-billy artist.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:21 am

Thanks for info.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:26 pm

Great artist... Great talent

See him live at the Americana - Newark Showground UK - July 6-9th

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lambrt/ame ... xt_bar.htm

Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:06 pm

Thanks for all answers!

Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:45 pm

I used to work at a music store that sold vinyl and several Narvel Felts albums came our way. He became a favorite of ours, not because of his music, but because of his name... I mean come on NARVEL FELTS!!! It doesn't get any better than that! He will be my first born sons namesake for sure! Also, his hilarious album covers. We're talkin' about '73 through '78. I haven't listened to too much of his material, but I wasn't too impressed with his voice. A little too high and nasely for my taste. But his look is 2nd to none!
I wish I could find more pics of his albums from this era to post but this is all I could find.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:06 am

He became a favorite of ours, not because of his music, but because of his name... I mean come on NARVEL FELTS!!!

I mean, come on...ELVIS PRESLEY!!!

Don't you realize that real singers are supposed to have bizarre, weird, freaky and stupid names? Have you never heard of Maynard Horlick, Houston Barks, Pat Cupp & His Flying Saucers, Boliver Shagnasty, Emory Blades, Phil Collins or Russian rockabilly Shebit Meknackersoff?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:00 am

Tits McGhee wrote:
He became a favorite of ours, not because of his music, but because of his name... I mean come on NARVEL FELTS!!!

Don't you realize that real singers are supposed to have bizarre, weird, freaky and stupid names? Have you never heard of Maynard Horlick, Houston Barks, Pat Cupp & His Flying Saucers, Boliver Shagnasty, Emory Blades, Phil Collins or Russian rockabilly Shebit Meknackersoff?

Yeah, but I always thought "Elvis", although obscure, was a cool sounding name. But Narvel Felts... NARVEL FELTS!!! now that's classic!!
What's unusual about Phil Collins by the way?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:10 am

He's a twat.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:40 am

Tits McGhee wrote:

Conway Twitty

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:33 pm

That looks like Harry Jenkins to me.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:25 am

Rob wrote:
Tits McGhee wrote:

Conway Twitty

Conway Twitty is good and that's a great pic, but it still doens't beat Narvel Felts.
Just imagine pullin' up behind this guy's truck and there he is in the window... just starin' at ya....
YIKES!!!