Off Topic Messages

Walk The Line

Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:03 am

I saw this great film today. I didn't expect the Oscar worthy performance from Reese Witherspoon - she stole the film!

Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:27 am

I liked the film. I thought the singing was good.

Glad to see my fav Jesse James actor (also is WTL's producer) have a cameo as the humorless Warden.

Re: Walk The Line

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:45 am

Pete Dube wrote:Reese Witherspoon - she stole the film!

She can steal anything she wants from me anytime.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:33 pm

Reese was quite good but I don't know how anyone could regard this film as great when there is not much truth in anything in the film.

If you mean great by entertainment standards, I guess it was pretty good. My comments, at length, are on a different thread, if anyone cares to read them.

I really don't know of any other movie that I've seen in recent years that was so false in its depiction of real people.

jeff R

Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:42 am

Honestly, I just cannot bring myself to see it because of the fact that I am a huge Cash fan. I never watched the Elvis catastrophe on television last summer for the same reason.

I'll probably look into it when it comes to network television, but will not pay to see it at the theater. I may or may not be missing a good film here, but it is a chance I'm willing to take.

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:00 am

jeffreyjames wrote:I really don't know of any other movie that I've seen in recent years that was so false in its depiction of real people.

Johnny and June read the script and approved the script.

- It's a wonderful love story as far as love stories go.

The "mcguffin" of the story is Johnny cleaning up and getting off drugs,
and he finally --- finally! -- getting a YES from June when proposing -
and that did happen live on stage.

Great real life romance.

Better than any Elvis & Priscilla love story.

He never quit drugs and the marriage proposal consisted of Col. Parker saying, "It's time to marry that girl."

Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:02 am

Johnny and June did supposedly okay the script BUT they both died two years before the film came out. Scripts always change during the filming and it seems Johnny & June would never have okayed some of the many numerous mistakes in this film.
I'm not an expert on Cash but I couldn't believe the mistakes in this film.

jeff R

Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:25 pm

Since when as a Hollywood bio-pic given the whole story ?