Off Topic Messages

Shelly Winters has left us

Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:35 am

I just saw on MSN that Shelly Winters has passed away. She will be known to all Elvis fans who have seen the 1979 TV movie "Elvis" starring Kurt Russel as Elvis. Ms. Winters played the part of Gladys Presley. She was a funny lady who will be missed.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:41 am

Great actress! Poseidon adventure.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:30 am

RIP to the best Gladys Presley actress.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:25 am

Shelly had a great sense of humor and was a beautiful woman. We have an old movie, "Odds Against Tomorrow," with the young Shelly. She was a good actress whom we shall miss!
sue

Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:59 pm

I'll always remember her as the older woman in the original version of Alfie & as Ma Parker in the Batman television series.

A lovely lady who will be sadly missed.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:26 pm

R.I.P. Shelly Winters

Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:30 pm

The Diary Of Anne Frank and my all time fave film Alfie, were my two fave performances from this fine lady.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:08 pm

SHE WAS THE FIRST PORTRAYAL OF GLADYS

as jeffd pOinted out.

Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:25 pm

Ezzz wrote:The Diary Of Anne Frank and my all time fave film Alfie, were my two fave performances from this fine lady.

Mine to RIP Shelly

Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:34 pm

Shelly Winters was a fine actress. There was a great scene in 'Elvis' where she throws the housing authority guy out by saying "Get on outta here with the rest of the dirt!"
RIP Shelly Winters.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:27 am

Shelly was one of 'the old school' of actresses !

I first noticed her in A Place In The Sun [1951], where the leads were played by Mongomery Clift and Elizabeth Taylor.

She sure was a fine actress.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:27 am

She also knew the real Elvis a bit. She even peddled a story of Elvis going out to marry Natalie Wood and being stopped by the Colonel.

She is one of those people you assumed would always be around. A constant presence in my youth as she was frequently on game and talk shows in the 70s and 80s. She was in quite a few good movies in her career including "Night of the Hunter", "Poseidon", "Lolita" and "A Place in the Sun" and some great exploitation schlock as well like "Who Slew Auntie Roo" and "The Iniation of Sarah". Sad to see her go.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:52 pm

Rest in Peace, Sunshine. Thank you for everything. I'll miss you.

Tom