Off Topic Messages

Marc Vivien Foe

Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:51 pm

If I have spelt his name wrong, I'm sorry.

I would just like to sat how shocked and saddened I was to hear of the death of this footballer whilst playing for Cameroon in the Confederation Cup yesterday evening.

He was a superb player who will be sorely missed.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 2:49 pm

This was truly a big shock in the football world.
It makes one THINK when things like this happens...
Thoughts go out to his family and the people who was closest to him.

May you rest in peace, Marc Vivien Foe.

Kristian

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:21 pm

Apparently the cause of death was a heart attack.
How old was Marc?

Respectfully,
elvis-fan
Last edited by elvis-fan on Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:22 pm

Just been listening on the radio. I believe they said he was 28.

Makes you think, don't it?

Fri Jun 27, 2003 8:52 pm

A heart attack at 28... can you believe that?
That is downright sickening!
What a tragedy.

Respectfully,
elvis-fan

Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:18 pm

Since this is an Elvis MB I would like to point out that it IS possible for young men to die of hert attacks, sad but true.
I still stand by that this is what happened to Elvis, even though it is very true he had other problems.
Sorry to hear about such a young man dying.
JEFF d
EPFAN

Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:37 am

I think the fact that Elvis died of a heart attack at 42 is well known, but the question is what brought the heart attack on? Was it an immediate drug overdose, long term drug abuse, food abuse or some other problem. The fact that Elvis was found face down in his own vomit with half of his tongue bitten through suggests that there was some sort of asphyxiation involved.

As for Marc-Vivian Foe, it was very sad not only that he died at such a tragically young age, but also to have it splashed all over this morning's newspapers took away any dignity that he or his family might have wanted. The speculation at the moment (the autopsy revealed nothing unusual) is that he may have suffered from Sudden Adult Death Syndrome, a grown-up version of cot death, in which the heart, for no apparent reason, begins to race so fast that it is unable to restore itself to its normal rate.

Fans of Manchester City will remember him for the fact that he scored the goal which was not only the final one for the 2002/3 Premiership season, but which proved to be the last goal to be scored at Maine Road.

Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:13 pm

I agree with your assessment, Carolyn, but it is another sign of the times in which we live. It is human nature, and the images of his death would be there whether we had video footage of it or not. Much like Elvis's death. It is difficult not to think of what his final minutes were like, regardless of all of the fabulous things he achieved in his life. Over time, Foe's achievements will win out.