Off Topic Messages

Transferring Video to VCD or DVD

Thu Jun 26, 2003 8:43 pm

Is there software available to transfer video tape to digital format of either DVD or VCD?
(this question may seem a little naive but I don't know...)

Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:51 pm

Yes there is Elvis Fan, as long as you have a input for your video in your PC, you've got it made. You can get clean up software, also.

Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:32 pm

There is also a product made by Phillips that will record your video tapes to a DVD. It's still fairly new on the market so it's rather expensive.

It's similar to a DVD player. You can purchase these at most electronics retailers.

RKS

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:34 am

DVD recorders do a pretty good job. But I think elvis-fan is after something so his computer can do the job.

8)

Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:31 am

Hi Brad, I transfere to VCD with a 'Dazzle Digital Video Creator'; I picked this unit up through an e-bay auction. It actually works pretty well too! All of the necessary software comes with the unit and you can begin using it immediately.

Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:19 pm

Thanks for the info!
I have some personal as well as old Elvis live performance stuff I want to transfer to DVD.
I'll do some more checking around!
Thanks again!

Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:52 pm

elvis-fan,

You can try out a free 30 day trial of ulead studio 7,I've recently downloaded it to try out and it's superb! it gives you the choice to burn your VHS tapes into VCD,SVCD,or DVD.

I've transferred some to VCD and as I say,I can't detect much loss of quality at all.

The way I've been doing it is capture the VHS in Mpeg2 then burn it VCD.

Here's the link http://www.ulead.com/