Off Topic Messages

Virus problem

Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:22 pm

I am experiencing trouble with something called Trojan zlob on my computer and I have serious problems cleaning up and removing this F#*king s**t. Anybody here experienced this virus threat?

Sincerely MB280E

Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:45 pm

That sucks. Wish I could help but I'm pretty useless when it comes to those things.

8)

Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Do you know which version of zlob it is? There have been a number I think, eg zlob.b, zlob.d etc.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:53 pm

MB280E

Try this my friend.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

I hope it sorts it out for you.....but if not...get this if you can afford to buy it
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PC-TOOLS-Spyware- ... dZViewItem

Features include:

1. Spyware & Adware Scanner
2. Keylogger Guard
3. Popup Blocker - for I.E, Firefox and many more
4. Phishing Protector
5. Real Time Protection
6. Browser Guard
7. Spyware Cookie Guard
8. Malware Immunizer

12 months of free upgrades and monthly updates.

It's well worth the money

I used to get all sorts of stuff..spyware, malware, rogue diallers, key loggers etc, and had many many problems, and re-installs, until i found Spyware Doctor, after scanning with this...it obliterates all the above and many many more with a click of a button, and it can also be set up to give you real time "on guard" protection where it stops anything even getting onto your pc in the first place.

I can't recommend this prog highly enough....it's "the daddy"
Last edited by the squirrel on Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:56 pm

You guys worry too much! I found that virus on my computer and it hasn't done any damage at all. In fact, my compu

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:11 pm

When I have a problem...I keep downloading (reputable..or it could get worse!!)spyware programs to it fixes.

I have had good luck with Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Spybot Search and Destroy, Microsofts, and to stop stuff from even loading...Spywareblaster.

Of course original virus protection like Norton....McCafee are a must. Also Lavasofts Adwatch that you pay for will curtail alot of these things.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:13 pm

Gene.

I've tried all the above programs........none even come close to Spyware Doctor.....honestly.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:16 pm

Hey man..what do you have, stock in this program? lol

I am sure the program is great, but to be honest, I don't even use Spywareblaster or Search and Destroy on my computer.

Adwatch and Norton stops everything for me.

Oh yeah, also EndItAll is a must as well. Doing that helps the other programs work better. This stops all processes from running on your computer.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:19 pm

Thanks to all for your replies, appreciate it very much! :)

TJ, it just says Trojan.zlob, that´s all. A friend of mine have tried to stop the program running and delete it manually but it just keep starting itself up whenever he tries this.

The Squirrel and genesim, thanks a million for your suggestions!!!

Is Webroot spy sweeper any good?

Sincerely MB280E

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:07 pm

Hi buddy,

Spy Sweeper is excellent, it should find and kill all trojan virus problems and worms that are in your PC... another good one is Spyware Doctor. That should also kill 'em all. Best thing to do is download one of 'em and see what it finds...

I have just had a major problem with Trojan's and Spyware Doctor sorted it.

Don't forget to knock System Restore off before you start... otherwise the crap will load back on to your system again and again... Also you might have to run the program in safe mode.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:42 pm

the squirrel wrote:MB280E

Try this my friend.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan.htm

The Panda antivirus has helped me many and many times. Let your PC scanning online.

Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:23 pm

genesim wrote:Hey man..what do you have, stock in this program? lol

I am sure the program is great, but to be honest, I don't even use Spywareblaster or Search and Destroy on my computer.

Adwatch and Norton stops everything for me.

Oh yeah, also EndItAll is a must as well. Doing that helps the other programs work better. This stops all processes from running on your computer.

Hey man.

No i've not got stock in it at all.........Just recommending a cool prog that i've had 100% success with..........anything wrong with that Gene??

You sound like you've got DJCitis.

LOL