Pat Robertson speaks on behalf of God -- again ...

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years

Pat Robertson speaks on behalf of God -- again ...

Post by elvissessions »

NORFOLK, Va. - Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon’s stroke was divine punishment for “dividing God’s land.”

“God considers this land to be his,” Robertson said on his TV program “The 700 Club.” “You read the Bible and he says ‘This is my land,’ and for any prime minister of Israel who decides he is going to carve it up and give it away, God says, ‘No, this is mine.”’

In Robertson’s broadcast from his Christian Broadcasting Network in Virginia Beach, the evangelist said he had personally prayed about a year ago with Sharon, whom he called “a very tender-hearted man and a good friend.” He said he was sad to see Sharon in this condition.

He also said, however, that in the Bible, the prophet Joel “makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who ‘divide my land.”’

Sharon “was dividing God’s land, and I would say woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU (European Union), the United Nations, or the United States of America,” Robertson said.

In discussing what he said was God’s insistence that Israel not be divided, Robertson also referred to the 1995 assassination of Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, who had sought to achieve peace by giving land to the Palestinians. “It was a terrible thing that happened, but nevertheless he was dead,” he said.

The Anti-Defamation League issued a statement urging Christian leaders to distance themselves from the remarks. Robertson made similar comments as the Gaza withdrawal occurred, it said.

“It is outrageous and shocking, but not surprising, that Pat Robertson once again has suggested that God will punish Israel’s leaders for any decision to give up land to the Palestinians,” said Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the group, which fights anti-Semitism. “His remarks are un-Christian and a perversion of religion. Unlike Robertson, we don’t see God as cruel and vengeful.”

The Rev. Barry W. Lynn, executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State, said a religious leader “should not be making callous political points while a man is struggling for his life.”

“Pat Robertson has a political agenda for the entire world, and he seems to think God is ready to take out any world leader who stands in the way of that agenda,” Lynn said in a statement.

In August, Robertson suggested on “The 700 Club” that American agents should assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who has long been at odds with U.S. foreign policy. Robertson later apologized for his remarks, saying he “spoke in frustration.”

Rob

Post by Rob »

Ariel Sharon is 77 years old. Why did God wait so long to punish him?

I think it's time 'ol Pat thought about retiring. Are there really people who listen to him?

Why?

likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by likethebike »

Pat's God has kind of that Charles Bronson thing going. Of course if God were really that vengeful he had have taken Pat out a long time for overstepping his bounds.

Silver
R.I.P. February 10, 2006
Registered for: 19 years

Post by Silver »

The Lord gave us free will to say what we will. I think He also gave us a brain so we would think before we opened our mouths. Perhaps those who have a wider forum should think several times harder than the rest of us.
sue

You'll never, never know the one who loves you so. . .

R.I.P. 2-10-2006
In Memory Of A True Friend To All

The FECC Team

Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

I still get the feeling that some folks kind of enjoy there being a sort of wacked-out Pat Robertson around just to make Christians look nuts...

Say goodnight, Gracie and get the hook for Pat.
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

EagleUSA
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by EagleUSA »

Greg wrote:
sort of wacked-out Pat Robertson around just to make Christains look nuts...
Actually, having him around sort of balances out the wacked-out Muslim clerics that regularly make the evening news.

Eagle

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by TJ »

What a tool!!