Off Topic Messages

This just ain't right!

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:10 pm

Barry Gibb Buys Johnny Cash House

BARRY GIBB has purchased the house of the late JOHNNY CASH and JUNE CARTER CASH for an undisclosed amount, according to an attorney for the Cash family. The house, located on Old Hickory Lake in Hendersonville, 13 miles northeast of downtown Nashville, had been on the market since June with an initial asking price of $2.9 million. It was lowered in the fall to $2.5 million.

"This place will always be the spiritual home for the Cashes," The BEE GEES singer said in a statement. "My wife, LINDA, and I are determined to preserve it, to honor their memory. We fell in love with it; it's an incredible honor for us. We plan to use the home to write songs because of the musical inspiration."

Tom

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:22 pm

So the man in blacks house is now owned by the man in sparkly sequins and polyester bell bottoms. Yikes! He's probably installing a disco ball in the living room as we speak. :shock:

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:43 pm

Its only fitting that two GREAT songwriters break bread in the same house. Good show!

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:44 pm

genesim wrote:Its only fitting that two GREAT songwriters break bread in the same house. Good show!

Who's the other one, then ?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:06 pm

Surely, you're not putting a Gibb on the same level as JC??

Tom

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:11 pm

I'll defend Barry Gibb. The guy is a musical genius.

re: the house sale -
It's better and ultimately more dignified than if the Cash home was owned by Priscilla/Lisa Marie/Jack Soden/Sillerman.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:41 pm

Barry Gibb's pedigree as a songwriter is solid. Tastes differ, but it's difficult to debate the fact that the guy knows his way around a hit record.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:54 pm

Barry Gibb has always struck me as a nice chap, good luck to him.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:56 am

I know the house was "as is", but it seems to be a steal at around $2 million.
Lakefront, large square footage, and a fabulous history.
Nice to see the home stay within the song writing community.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:32 am

I agree that Barry Gibb is a musical genius. The guy has probably written as many, if not more, big pop hits than anyone in the past 40 years.
The Gibbs (Bee Gees) are one of the most underrated artists of all time. Many people pick fun at them because of the disco era. Disco did and does suck to many but The Bee Gees songs during that period are some of the best, if not the best.
Also, check out The Bee Gees last couple cds. They are great!! I couldn't wait for another disc and then Maurice dies. They were really on a groove. The couple DVDs of their work that are in stock are really very good. My wife and I have watched them several times each.

jeff R

Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:54 am

Its a house.....bricks and mortar....nothing more nothing less....Family and friends are much more important :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:40 pm

But Rusty, would you be saying that if Elton John and his bride snapped up Graceland ?

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:16 pm

Like I said, it could've been bought by EPE!

Then what -

a Cashland Plaza

giftshops on the premises that sell Johnny Duckies ($9.99)

Johnny & June Salt & pepper shakers ($15.99)

Man In Black halloween costumes ($29.99)

Deluxe costume ($59.99)

novelty Folsom Prison shirts with inmate numbers ($19.99)

A role-playing boardgame called I Walk The Line ($39.99)

--- too bad EPE didn't snatch up that historic place nearby in Tennessee.