Off Topic Messages

West Virginia Coal Mine Accident

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:08 pm

Everyone please keep in mind the families of the West Virginia coal miners who didn't survive the horrible accident on Tuesday. CNN is reporting this morning that the rescue teams found farewell messages the miners had written to their families before succumbing to the poisonous gases. A very sad story.

Why this mine was operating after being cited by OSHA over 200 times is quite baffling to say the least.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:22 pm

BBM,
This was a clusterF@#% of incredible proportions from the very beginning. This mine should have closed until the powers that be fixed all of the problems. And then the whole "they're alive!!.......no wait" disaster. I hope these families sue the ever-loving sh*t out of mine owner International Coal Group. 276 safety violations in 2004 and 2005, including 120 that were considered "significant and substantial." These men died for no reason whatsoever, other that pure laziness and greed on the owners part.

Tom

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:10 pm

A dreadful story indeed

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:45 pm

Terrible!

Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:47 pm

Yes, a terrible tragedy.

How did the idea that they had survived get established ?

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:06 pm

ColinB wrote:Yes, a terrible tragedy.

How did the idea that they had survived get established ?

Depends on who you ask. The Gov says that he heard it from "mine officials" who have denied it. They are saying that the media picked up on a cell call and ran with the story. Deplorable, either way.

Tom

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:07 pm

I heard a woman say yesterday that illegal immigrants (since they insist on coming here for jobs no matter the law) should be the ones working in coal mines.
Put them 260 feet below ground.
I tend to agree. That's dangerous work - American men shouldn't have to be down there anymore. Let the illegals do it.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:10 pm

Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:03 pm

That's the Christian spirit!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:00 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:I heard a woman say yesterday that illegal immigrants (since they insist on coming here for jobs no matter the law) should be the ones working in coal mines.
I tend to agree.

It would make a lot more sense and be a lot more just to put the people who hire illegal immigrants under the ground to work the mines.

Hiring desperate people so you can pay substandard wages, maintain unsafe working conditions and deprive hardworking Americans of a living seems like just the type of crime that should consign such people to the mines.

It might very well change their perspective on work in these United States.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:51 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:I heard a woman say yesterday that illegal immigrants (since they insist on coming here for jobs no matter the law) should be the ones working in coal mines.
I tend to agree. That's dangerous work - American men shouldn't have to be down there anymore. Let the illegals do it.

Does she also advocate selling these same immigrants to wealthy southern land barons and have them pick cotton for 80hrs per week?

Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:58 am

GG I cant believe even you would post that....hang you head in shame boy

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:58 am

I'm not hanging my head in shame.

I heard a woman say that.

If they're gonna sneak into the USA to work the "sh*t jobs" Americans doen't want: well, here's one for example - coal mining.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:28 am

A lot of those "sh*t jobs" would be cheerfully worked by Americans if they weren't undercut every step of the way by employers who find it cheaper to exploit undocumented laborers.

As a Texan, believe me I know, authorities are regularly exposing employers who brazenly employ illegal immigrants.

Sadly, the public's reaction to such crimes is ho-hum. People continue to cheerfully do business with criminal employers. But there's never a shortage of people who want to insult and blame the impoverished Mexicans.

It's shameful.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:40 am

Woa Woa Woa here fellas.....I started this thread to have everyone remember both the families of these brave men and the men that perished - not to get indulged in a battle over illegal immigration. That's another topic.

Lets re-focus on this topic, shall we
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:51 am

this is one of the biggest f##k ups in history. how could it be that 12 families ( please correct me if i have the wrong number) were given news that their loved ones were alive, and then suddenly they had to have that joy taken away from them becoz of a f##king false report?!! i watched this on the news and i just about cried becoz i could just picture these 12 families getting the bad news after the should've been good. my prayers to them, and i also hope they sue the living hell out of the mining company and the person or persons that gave them this false report. what a sad day :cry: :cry:

Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:31 am

I felt so relieved when it was reported that 12 of them were found alive. Then three hours later the unthinkable happened. I can't imagine in my wildest dreams what those family members are going through.

May God bless them all.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:24 am

It's very sad and tragic.

And that dangerous line of work is something that American husbands and American fathers and American sons really shouldn't have to be doing anymore.

The WV Governor and Legislators SHOULD CREATE JOBS (at least 4,000 new jobs) so the miners can quit that and go work at something different; something above ground.

If robotic machinery can't dig out the coal, then hire illegals to do it, granted there are illegals floating around in your state.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:36 am

It was a terrible thing that happened. I feel really sorry for the families, and my prayers are with the one survivor. That was a terrible way to die! I can't imagine how it is for the kids that lost their fathers down their I can't imagine how it would would make me feel if lost my dad! :cry: And for the media to say at one minute that every one had survived, and then the next minute say "Oh hold on we're sorry they all died down their accept one!" SAD!!!!!!! That's just like telling a little kid one Christmas that there is a Santa Clause, and the kids are all happy and excited......then the next Christmas you tell them "oh wait hold on......we're sorry there is no Santa." And then they are CRUSHED!!!!!! That how imagine most of the families feel right now........CRUSHED!!!!!!!! :cry: May God Bless them.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:41 pm

It´s such sick that a person(?) like you calls himself a Christian

Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:58 pm

Spanish_Eyes,

GG is not the problem. Yes lets focus.

Elvis Sessions,

Dare I say it, you do have a point. I can't imagine how word even got past a couple of hundred feet without making sure. There is something definetly wrong, when word is getting that far!!

Makes me wonder if there isn't a different agenda. Coal, which is the one thing that the USA has tons of and would need from other countries as a primary fuel source. We have enough to power us for the next million years. Yet, we cannot find a way to mine it safely???

Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:10 pm

Maybe instead of putting illegal immigrants (i.e English, Irish, Spanish and many other nationalities) down mine shafts we should put racist bigots like yourself down there.

Correct me if i am wrong. Wasn't it american's that put those 12 men down an american mine that was deemed extremely unsafe and dangerous and should have been shut down.

Foreign bosses didn't put american lives in danger, american's knowingly put other american lives at risk for the almighty dollar!!

Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:28 pm

Sploogecollector wrote:Maybe instead of putting illegal immigrants (i.e English, Irish, Spanish and many other nationalities) down mine shafts we should put geniuses like yourself down there.

Hey you sound like a racist bigot yourself.

You took the time to list some nationalities
....ones that you are bigoted against?

I named no nationalities - YOU DID. Shame on you!

People immigrating illegally are criminals, idiot.

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:12 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:
Sploogecollector wrote:Maybe instead of putting illegal immigrants (i.e English, Irish, Spanish and many other nationalities) down mine shafts we should put geniuses like yourself down there.

Hey you sound like a racist bigot yourself.

You took the time to list some nationalities
....ones that you are bigoted against?

I named no nationalities - YOU DID. Shame on you!

People immigrating illegally are criminals, idiot.

Do you even know what an illegal immigrant is?

It is ANYONE that works in the U.S.A without a visa/work permit. An irish person that works and lives in the US without a visa/work permit is an Illegal immigrant. The same goes for most nationalities, including the British.

You probably assume that it is only Mexicans that can be illegal immigrants.

I named nationalities to show you the kind of illegal immigrants that you and your misinformed kind are willing to put down mines.

For an American you know f##k all about your own countries laws.

Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:17 pm

SOME OF THOSE Illegals DO NOT WORK here.

They come here to deal drugs, run rampant, commtting robberies, murders and rapes.

Watch the US News, boy.
An on-the-run rapist illegal was caught last month.

His worthless filthy useless ass wasn't "working a job"