Off Topic Messages

Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:57 pm

I can't fathom how this thread will ever end. Someone step up and agree to disagree, eh?

Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:46 pm

genesim wrote:I never changed the subject? The subject is still you stalking away. The only subject change was me showing a pattern. You chased after KISS..then you chased after HEART...then you chase after LISA.

The difference is how deadly this one can be. Show her the blowup doll Jerry. Ask her to sign it. Lets see how many other backstage passes you will get. :lol:

Your soooooo goofy Mark when your backed into a corner! hehe! Yes, I like HEART also..... btw they DON'T charge their fans any money to meet them either backstage either like Lisa Marie..... now that IS class...... Elvis didn't charge his fans $1000 dollars to get to meet him, Lisa learned from the best....... she doesn't go around saying "I'm gonna DIG ELVIS UP AND SHOW HIM HOW IT'S DONE" like your CLASSLESS hero Gene Simmons.

.... but you wouldn't know, you don't ever get to go backstage.... hell your to effing CheapO to buy concert tickets..... whooooaaaaaa you've seen Kiss 2 times! lol I still can't get over that! :lol: When you went did you spent the extra $1000 to get to meet them Mark??? Just curious... :smt064

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:35 am

I don't go to concerts often. I have a wife that wasn't into it as much as me, and I really didn't desire it that much anyway.

As for growing up, I wasn't allowed to go. My parents were overprotective.

The concerts were an amazing experience, but I enjoy the music more in the car. In all, I think I have been to 5 or 6 concerts.

The biggest factor is that I like to spend money on other things like musicals, sports, partying, movies..etc.

Hell I even like local bands better.

Who has time or energy to go to an arena??? Been there done that. Don't need to go 50 times to prove I am a fan. Obviously you do or you wouldn't follow Lisa Marie across the country.

Oh for the record, I wouldn't spend 1000 to see anybody. That includes Elvis. He/they are just men. Nothing to go breaking the bank over. When you grow up, maybe you will learn the difference.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:45 am

genesim wrote:Oh for the record, I wouldn't spend 1000 to see anybody. That includes Elvis.

I would gladly pay $1,000.00 if I could go back in time and have a seat in the showroom of the Las Vegas International Hotel on July 31, 1969.

Since you wouldn't, I'll let you know how it went.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:45 am

Yeah your probably right about that. Though him being dead 30 years would be an exception to this rule. :wink:

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:47 am

Rob wrote:
genesim wrote:Oh for the record, I wouldn't spend 1000 to see anybody. That includes Elvis.

I would gladly pay $1,000.00 if I could go back in time and have a seat in the showroom of the Las Vegas International Hotel on July 31, 1969.

Since you wouldn't, I'll let you know how it went.

Now, gen, I don't believe that you wouldn't spend $1,000 to see Elvis!! Who wouldn't?? Rob and I would!!!! Anyone on this MB would!! (Well, if they could without going into bankruptcy!)
sue

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:53 am

silver wrote:Rob and I would!

If you get there before me, save me a seat!

Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:59 am

genesim wrote:I don't go to concerts often. I have a wife that wasn't into it as much as me, and I really didn't desire it that much anyway.

As for growing up, I wasn't allowed to go. My parents were overprotective.

The concerts were an amazing experience, but I enjoy the music more in the car. In all, I think I have been to 5 or 6 concerts.

The biggest factor is that I like to spend money on other things like musicals, sports, partying, movies..etc.

Hell I even like local bands better.

Who has time or energy to go to an arena??? Been there done that. Don't need to go 50 times to prove I am a fan. Obviously you do or you wouldn't follow Lisa Marie across the country.

Oh for the record, I wouldn't spend 1000 to see anybody. That includes Elvis. He/they are just men. Nothing to go breaking the bank over. When you grow up, maybe you will learn the difference.

Finally a half way normal post by you.... and not some deranged BS. I'll give you that! Going on and on about blow up dolls..... you must have a real hard on for them or something, you keep screaming about them so much. :lol: :lol:

No, you don't have to see some perfomer 50 times to prove that you are a fan...... you go to the concerts because you are a fan or just like concerts. It's not like Kiss are dead & you don't have chances to see them like we can't see Elvis now. For me personally the concert experience shows just how good an artist really is. Hell you or I could sound good in a studio. Live concerts IS where its at. I fully enjoy going to rock concerts and hearing for myself who can and cannot really cut it musicly. There is a big reason those Kiss live CDs aren't really so live, if you get my drift. If you would go to concerts more Mark..... you may just realise that Kiss are all about the flash in the pan. There are many many many finer rock bands live... yes they are VERY famous and put on one hell of a FLASHY show(which I enjoy)..... but don't try to sell us on that they are some sort of musical genius. It's just not true, period.

Peace out------> :smt110

ps Count me in on paying $1000 to see Elvis... but I want to be in second row center(i don't like being in first row :wink: )

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:52 pm

JEFF d wrote:
Count me in on paying $1000 to see Elvis... but I want to be in second row center(i don't like being in first row :wink: )

JEFF d
Elvis fan

So that you won't get trampled by all of the screaming girls??
sue

Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:57 pm

silver wrote:
JEFF d wrote:
Count me in on paying $1000 to see Elvis... but I want to be in second row center(i don't like being in first row :wink: )

JEFF d
Elvis fan

sue

And one screaming guy! :lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:03 pm

KHoots wrote:I can't fathom how this thread will ever end. Someone step up and agree to disagree, eh?

And I can "take credit" for starting it. :shock: :smt102 :lol:

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:53 pm

Jerry,

First of all, a band "sweetening" up a live recording, doesn't mean jack. It is a better way to market, improve..etc.

If KISS isn't much of a live band as you say, and there are many that are better. WHO would that be? Besides Elvis that is.

Led Zeppelin??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kiss being around for 35+ years is hardly a flash in the pan. As for their music, yes they are musical geniuses that have one problem. They don't get along. Them at their best, are up there with all the legends.

You or I wouldn't sound great in a studio. That is a crock of BS. Many of todays acts would prove that. Even though you are tone deaf and can't tell the difference between a Tommy Thayer and an Ace Frehley, doesn't mean the rest of the free world is.

I refuse to go see them half gunned and if they are gonna be KISS with makeup then they should have all their original members. A poser is one who would support this crap.

As for the doll. Since you do protest so much, I imagine there is some truth to your solo efforts in regard to LMP. Hey thats your private life. Don't let me interfere.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:15 pm

Kiss did quite a bit more than just sweeting up their live albums.... the first live album in particular is basicly rerecorded in the studio with only the crowd noise and Peters drumming being the majority of what is actually "Live" that is quite a bit more than sweetening my friend.

Led Zeppelin...? I have no idea never have seen them in concert... there you go assuming something again Mark, if you had seen more than 5 or 6 rock concerts in your whole life, you may realise that there is much better live musicians, and not go by just what you hear on some "sweetened" live albums or DVDs.

Hey I think they are good, don't get me wrong, but when you throw the word genius around so much like you do Mark.... it deminishes the word after a bit..... for the true artists that are genius. ie Elvis Presley Just because you like something Mark doesn't mean that it is pure genius.... one does not have to justify, what one likes by having to constantly claim it as genius.

I enjoy Kiss on a purely entertainment level..... I don't worship at their platform boots as you do. This is why I still enjoy them today**, yes it is not the original group anymore...... no more than it was in the 80s which apparently you are so fond of during the Kulick years.

**I would just like to add to this I have lost tremendous respect for the real Gene Simmons after what he said about Elvis on CNN. I don't think I will be supporting them in the near future. That was very VERY LOWCLASS thing for him to say.... (but he was lowclass to begin with)... and he is my least favorite member of the band even though he is the most well known and famous.

Have a nice day Mark :smt110

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:32 pm

So I ask you not to say my name anymore(and have in the past) so you will keep doing it.

That is a dickhead plain and simple.

Keep thinking that Led Zeppelin is better live. :lol: :lol: I don't have to go to a concert to see how they were. That best of DVD was enough. THEY SUCK live. Why because it is friday night at the improv on every feakin song. Of course don't just take my word for it. Ask the people that have actually taken a look at the Song Remains the Same garbage...look at any of their performances...ask people here! Captivating an audience is not their strong suit and their lone live album Song Remains the Same proves it.

As for your observation of Alive!. Not true. You are way out there. Like I said before, your ears can actually hear where the Ace overdubs are. Which of course doesn't matter. Still doesn't change the fact that any bootlegs shows how great they are. And yes, as a live act. PURE GENIUS.

Kulick is the better player during the 80's though. He saw them through a tough time when their songwriting and dissention in the band flawed them. A "genius" like you of course can't tell the difference.

What a tool you are Jerry.

Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:41 pm

Again I have never seen Led Zeppelin in concert so I can't say one way or the other if they are better than Kiss...... was Led Zeppelin one of the 5 or 6 concerts you have seen in your life Mark?

I'm sorry you think I am a "tool" Mark. :lol: :lol: We have spoken in private before and you have proved what a liar and a decietfull person you are. You will lie to try to get people to do things for you... I'm not going to go into specifics on the main messageboard. I'm not going for your tricks anymore friend.

Have a nice day Mark :smt110

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:31 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:And I can "take credit" for starting it. :shock: :smt102 :lol:

Yeah. Thanks, Greg. :evil:

If memory serves, this started as a Letterman/O'Reilly thing, wasn't it? Or maybe it was something about a whale. Hell, I don't know.

KISS sucks. No, they don't.

Carry on, boys!

Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:55 am

Yep Jerry, you are the tool.

What exactly do you "see" in a concert that you don't see on a bootleg..tape etc?

A 30 minute boring guitar solo for every song is still that, I don't care how much "magic" you see in person.

Led Zeppelin do suck live and their best stuff is absolutely horrible. More horrible then KISS at their WORST.

As for me being decietful??? More dellusions. I never lied to get people to do things for me. Exactly what was that Jerry?

You were never my "friend". An aquaintance at best. As time goes on, I have see the lowlife you are and there is nothing you can do to change that perception from me. You are a piece of crap to the highest order and I am sorry I ever knew your existence.

That said...it is still fun to poke you with a stick, because you are such a sucker for it.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:17 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I can "take credit" for starting it.

What you started is totally different from what it turned out to be.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:23 am

Isn't that always how it is on this messageboard? :lol: :lol:

GG and Doc had some goodies.

Its all in good psychotic fun.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:46 am

Pete Dube wrote:
silver wrote:
JEFF d wrote:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

sue

Now, this is funny!!!

genesim wrote:Its all in good psychotic fun.

And, gen, this MB is giving psychosis a bad name!! :smt091
sue

Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:27 am

Pete Dube wrote:
silver wrote:
JEFF d wrote:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

sue

i'd be one of the 18 year old girls in the first row...probably spending my time hoping to get a kiss, while i scream, laugh, and probably cry when he sings a ballad.

yeah, do try to invent a time machine. '69, '70...either year. and without a doubt i'd want to see him in vegas...there's something special about the audience interraction he had there.

and i'd pay my $1,000 in a heartbeat. just give me some go-go boots and a boufant 'do.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:20 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:just give me some go-go boots and a boufant 'do.

How about posting that pic anyway? :twisted: :lol: [/code]

Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:47 pm

Is this close enough?

Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:57 pm

Finally, a post worth reading! :wink: Thanks, Eagle.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:53 pm

Read???

There is words on that picture???