Off Topic Messages

Who made it to the end of the Orange Bowl??

Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:15 pm

Anyone else watch this incredible game to the bitter (ACC guy here) end??

Tom

Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:34 pm

I did. I love college football, even if I would like to see a playoff setup. But I was watching the coverage of the mine disaster in West Virginia at the same time, and sleeping was not an option.

How about USC-Texas? Anyone care to chime in with a prediction of which team will win?

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:09 pm

I did...yawwwwn :lol:

I figured since I stayed up to watch my Bulldogs play like a flock of chickens Monday night, I might as well do it again on Tuesday :lol:

Nevertheless, a great game played by two outstanding teams who were coached by two of the best ever imo. It was ashamed that one of them had to lose.

One thing that did strike me was how graceful both coach Bowden and coach Paterno approached each other after the game - a true show of respect and class from both men.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:17 pm

KHoots wrote:How about USC-Texas? Anyone care to chime in with a prediction of which team will win?

I'm almost certain that one of them will. I'm leaning towards Texas, as is my bookie.

Tom

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:25 pm

I'll go along with Texas as well, because Bush is probably going to be more cautious this game to avaid injury and ruin his being the #1 nfl draft pick in April, plus USC almost blew a couple of games this season, and this being a tough team - I think they'll go down.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:57 am

I stayed up for it.......and my Nittany Lions triumphed (due, I am certain, to my viewing mojo).

PS........GO TEXAS!!!!!!