Off Topic Messages

Bubba Ho-Tep

Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:58 am

Does anybody know if there is a german release of that dvd?

Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:33 pm

I doubt it, as it has quite a bit of humour in it....... :lol:

Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:21 pm

Classic :D :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:24 pm

....I should have known it. C U next world war.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:29 pm

We'll be there.

Tom

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:43 pm

Ok, as soon as Mr. Hitler is back we will take revange for not releasing Bubba Ho-Tep in Germany.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:57 pm

dl wrote:Ok, as soon as Mr. Hitler is back we will take revange for not releasing Bubba Ho-Tep in Germany.

Carefull with those threats. Dubya may just decide to carpet bomb Berlin. There is a rumor that you guys have some WMD's stored in a house between the Starbuck's and the McDonald's there.

Tom

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:53 pm

Great thread! lololol :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bubba ho Tep is a great movie also you will love it!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:03 pm

I guess there'll be no WWIII anyway. Mr. Hitler wants to make some more movies (he starred in a motion picture called "Der Untergang" last year and did another film in the 1930's called "The Great Dictator" where he gives a very good Charlie Chaplin impersonation). So I guess I just buy the Collector's Edition of "Bubba Ho-Tep" and enjoy the film in it's original language.

But don't you dare to do that with other movies I'd like to see!!!!!!! :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:18 pm

I actually just bought the German release of Bubba-Ho-Tep this past week.

They retitled it "Bubba-Goose-Step". Ouch... :lol:

Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:19 am

As a goof I went onto http://www.amazon.de [German affiliate of Amazon] &
here's a link to as they say a "UK import":

http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/B ... 35-5983261

Hope this helps

Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:59 am

Yup, that's the one I have bought now. It's the US-version of the movie with a second dvd that contains some bonus material.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:51 pm

First time this year I am visiting the forum.

I see you already ordered the UK Import.

Everybody else, who is in Europe and doesn't own the DVD yet, it is on sale (£6.99) over at play.com. Free international delivery on everything.

http://tinyurl.com/87ju3

------------

I doubt there will ever be a German version. Does another language besides English even exist? Dubbing costs good money and even though the film is cult, it has never been considered for theater release, at least not in Germany. You are better off with the original version anyway. If you have trouble understanding the actors, make use of the subtitles.

Dubbing devalues films or TV programs, makes them less authentic. You can't hear the actors' real voices, tones and all the important sounds. Talk about artificial and unnatural. Bruce Campbell without his great take on Elvis accent? No way! You miss all the "word games", accents, intonations and those little things that can't be literally translated. Also, lip synchronisation is normally lost, which irritates me to no end. I am not saying that dubbing is a kind of "unacceptable evil". At least not when the original is a completely unfamiliar language, but English is easy, so go for it.

Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:59 pm

Sometimes the german translation is even better than the original. The James Bond movies with Sean Connery are superior to the original version (although Mr. Connery has a great voice, his "german voice" fits the Bond character better) or the tv show starring Roger Moore and Tony Curtis (I don't know how it was called originally, but it was produced shortly before Mr. Moore became James Bond) is a lot more fun in german than the real dialogues. But that's why I love dvds so much. You can really compare the versions of the movie and you can learn a lot of new words or how they are pronounced correctly. I guess, Bubba Ho-Tep will be fun!

:D

great movie

Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:53 pm

great movie bruce campbell is great as elvis thought he was so funny.i gave it to few of the lads in the work to watch and they all said it was sh* t some people dont have any taste

Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:37 pm

To be honest, i thought Bubba Ho-Tep was rubbish, despite one or two good laughs, i was bored to tears by the end.

dl....... the Roger Moore, Tony Curtis tv show was The Persuaders. I loved that show as a kid

Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:48 pm

"bored"??

To each their own. To me, by the end, I was actually close to tears. A great alternate to the usual fat Elvis jokes!

Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:58 pm

Ezzz wrote:To be honest, i thought Bubba Ho-Tep was rubbish, despite one or two good laughs, i was bored to tears by the end.

I knew it was too good to be true for us to agree on everything. :wink:

Tom

Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:37 am

Yesterday I got the DVD and I must say this is my favorite Elvis movie! Bruce Campbell is the best Elvis since Elvis and the story couldn't be better. I'm glad I finally saw the real story of the king and found out what really happend. :D