Off Topic Messages

Another Sad Falcons Season

Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:52 am

Just when I thought my Atlanta Falcons were turning the corner and becomming a top team in the NFL. Oh well, once again "wait til next year". :cry:

Last edited by Big Boss Man on Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:34 am

Sorry BBM........been there. Surviving the 80s as a Steeler fan was nearly as difficult as surviving them as an Elvis fan.

Truth be told,until Vick learns to be a QB rather than a 21st century "Slash", those birds ain't gonna fly.

Vick will be out of football within 3 years due to a devastating knee injury. Mark it down.......I'm Nostrodamus :wink:

Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:27 am

How about my (I mean...those) Indianapolis Colts though?

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:37 am

one and done for the donkeys :lol: :wink:

Re: Another Sad Falcons Season

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:34 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Just when I thought my Atlanta Falcons were turning the corner and becomming atop team in the NFL................

My Carolina Panthers beat them like a rented mule. Now it's on to New York to slay some Giants!!!!Image

Tom

Mon Jan 02, 2006 7:09 pm

Concur with Scatter regarding Vick. His QB rating and completion percentage are almost dead last in the entire league and he gets outplayed at the position week after week. We hear constantly how he's "learning" or "improving" at one thing or another, well let's see it then! He's been in the game long enough to where he should be farther along than he is.
I can't believe this guy is going to the Pro Bowl this year but I guess that's only because he's been overhyped to the MTV generation and they do a lot of the voting.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:25 pm

Good news/Bad news for my Miami Dolphinfishes....

Good news: Won six straight to close the year at 9-7.

Bad news: No playoffs------again.

Indeed, wait 'til next year!!! (At which time they will likely be 5-11)

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:17 am

Boss Man, you think you have it rough, I'm in hell. I've been a Lions fans since I was a kid and I'm 46 years old. The only bright spot was that we had Barry Sanders to entertain us for 10 years. Still, the Lions are expected to lose, Atlanta was expected to go places this year and they failed as well. How long before the axe falls on Jim Mora, since today is like the St.Valentine's massacre for NFL coaches?

Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:46 am

I used to be a huge NFL football fan, but ever since the retirement of the greatest quarterback ever to play the game, Joe Montana, I've pretty much lost interest.

Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:15 am

Pete Dube wrote:I used to be a huge NFL football fan, but ever since the retirement of the greatest quarterback ever to play the game, Dan Marino, I've pretty much lost interest.

Couldn't agree more, Pete. :wink:

Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:44 am

Dan Marino.......Joe Montana........products of Pittsburgh, the cradle and pinnacle of American football.

KHoots, Pete.......just become Steeler fans already. Your Steeler envy is embarassing :wink:

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:59 pm

I'll work on that, Scatter. By the way, I think there was another legendary QB hailing from the Pittsburgh area, but the name escapes me.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:14 pm

Vick is the most overrated and over publicized qb in recent nfl history! I think the nfl and the sports shows like his "gangsta thug" image?

There is no way this guy deserves to be in the pro bowl this year! I mean he's a fine rusher, but his passing sucks. If they like his speed so much, move him to rb or wr.

I'll also agree that he'll be finished within 3-4 years due to an injury, or he'll become a 2nd string qb for another team (hopefully next year!)

Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:33 am

KHoots wrote:I'll work on that, Scatter. By the way, I think there was another legendary QB hailing from the Pittsburgh area, but the name escapes me.

Johnny Unitas........Jim Kelly.......Dan Marino.......Joe Namath......Joe Montana.

Not a bad crew :wink:

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:00 am

If only Broadway Joe had the legs there would've been no stopping him. I caught the latter portion of the Namath era. I also caught the era of Staubach, Tarkenton, Griese, Plunkett, Bradshaw ...... aw don't make me wax nostalgic. But I really do miss Montana.