Off Topic Messages

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:24 am

This movie was outstanding!

Re: The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:32 am

Pete Dube wrote:This movie was outstanding!

Thanks for the tip!!!

8)

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:08 am

Scary as hell. Three in the morning. :smt074

Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:21 pm

I thought the premise of the movie was flawed. The girl in the story was over 18. (If I'm correct on that point let me know.) Whether or not she seeks medical care is her own decision. So, I don't how the priest character (if the prosecution's allegation that she was no possessed is correct.) is guilty of anything other than bad advice.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:55 pm

I don't recall whether or not she was 18 LTB. But I'm definitely going to watch it again, so I'll check that out. I think this film is destined to become a classic over time. It's a thinking person's horror film ala The Haunting and The Innocents.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:15 pm

I didn't see it at its best as a friend had a cheezy bootleg when it first came out. I remember though her character was in college which led me to believe 18.

The three o'clock thing was interesting. Something I had never heard before.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:21 am

likethebike wrote:I didn't see it at its best as a friend had a cheezy bootleg when it first came out. I remember though her character was in college which led me to believe 18.

if I recall, Emily was 19 when she died.

I, too, bike, had a cheezy bootleg DVD of that movie way back, 'bout 4 months ago, which was given to me by a friend.

I liked it the first time around, but since purchasing the DVD for my wife as a gift, it was like watchin' the film for the first time again.

shoot, we watched 3 times already with different friends and family... :wink:

Great movie...

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:27 pm

A funny story concerning this film:
I watched it on Saturday evening. Earlier in the day my son and I had gone out and bought fireworks for later that night. My son was excited with anticipation of the fireworks, so I let him light some of the smaller scale, relatively harmless stuff while I watched the movie. During the scene when Emily goes into the church and the old ladies look/yell at her with demon faces, my son set off a firecracker in the front yard - which went off at the same moment as the ladies yelled. I jumped and bellowed loud enough that my wife and daughter, who were in the bedrooms, could hear me! :oops: :lol:

Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:56 pm

I got this DVD a couple of weeks ago and have yet to watch it due to the holidays. Sounds like I'm missing a pretty good scare, so I may have to cue it up tonight.

Tom