Off Topic Messages

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:59 pm

I agree Maurice!

Hey Scatter, your daughter will be fine. Be sure this night she will be in my prayers and of my family too. :wink:

May your whole family have a tremendous 2006 and long health for your daughter.

As it has already been stated here It Is No Secret What God Can Do.

Best Regards
Renan.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:10 pm

Wow, Maurice!

You said something I agree with. Well done!

This is definitely worth making an exception for.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:16 am

Hang in there Scatter. ill be praying for you and your family.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:27 am

Scatter, I wish you, your daughter and your family all the very best at this most difficult time.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:31 am

11 years old ... that's just not fair.
She must be a very brave little girl, and I'm hopeful that all our prayers will be answered.

God Bless!

Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:02 am

Rob wrote:Wow, Maurice!

You said something I agree with. Well done!

This is definitely worth making an exception for.
YES!

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:09 am

Thank you all so much for your kindness and prayers. I've wiped more than a few tears from my eyes reading them all. You have our deepest gratitude.

Justine doesn't know what is going on. She only speaks a few words, and has the mentality of a 2 year old at best (still in diapers, needing to be dressed and fed, etc).

Sometimes I see that as a blessing with all she's gone through......sometimes not, when I can't explain to her that the pain will subside and everything will be alright.

As I write she is in the master bath (she loves the Jacuzzi :lol: ) laughing and playing in the water while my wife packs bags for the hospital.....so for now, it's best she doesn't understand.

I'd just like to say that you all mean so much to me.......even though I've never met one of you personally. I knew I could come to you all with this and we'd find support. For all our differences, we really are a family of sorts. A horribly dysfunctional but consistently fun and interesting family :wink: .

Thank you all again, and I'll keep you updated here.

PS........as to Steve_M and Rusty's generous offers of Elvis goodies......to be honest she's more of a Sesame Street kinda girl. Not her fault, she just hasn't developed that discriminating a sense of music yet. Hell, she thinks the Wiggles invented Rock N' Roll :lol:

PSS........for just a second I considered telling Steve_M and Rusty she was a huge fan so they would send me things. Am I a bad person????

............don't answer that :oops: :wink:
Last edited by Scatter on Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:39 am

I guess I missed it, but how old is she?

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:51 am

Read the title of the thread my friend :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:26 am

Scatter wrote:Thank you all so much for your kindness and prayers. I've wiped more than a few tears from my eyes reading them all. You have our deepest gratitude.

Justine doesn't know what is going on. She only speaks a few words, and has the mentality of a 2 year old at best (still in diapers, needing to be dressed and fed, etc).

Sometimes I see that as a blessing with all she's gone through......sometimes not, when I can't explain to her that the pain will subside and everything will be alright.

As I write she is in the master bath (she loves the Jacuzzi :lol: ) laughing and playing in the water while my wife packs bags for the hospital.....so for now, it's best she doesn't understand.

I'd just like to say that you all mean so much to me.......even though I've never met one of you personally. I knew I could come to you all with this and we'd find support. For all our differences, we really are a family of sorts. A horribly dysfunctional but consistently fun and interesting family :wink: .

Thank you all again, and I'll keep you updated here.

PS........as to Steve_M and Rusty's generous offers of Elvis goodies......to be honest she's more of a Sesame Street kinda girl. Not her fault, she just hasn't developed that discriminating a sense of music yet. Hell, she thinks the Wiggles invented Rock N' Roll :lol:

PSS........for just a second I considered telling Steve_M and Rusty she was a huge fan so they would send me things. Am I a bad person????

............don't answer that :oops:

Yes...a very bad person..lol...but an honest one....Dont worry.. Steve and I will find something to catch her eye, and thats a promise....

Its just turned 12 here.. Happy New Year to everyone....especially Justine, it just shows how shallow some of the postings on the board are compared to what you are having to cope with as a family Scatter,One thing...we do rally round and thats one of the reasons I`m still here.I wish you all what you would wish for yourselves and family.
May your God bless you all :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:55 am

Scatter -
You know I'll be praying for your daughter, as well as you and the rest of your family.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:00 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that has to cheer you up a little. Get a load of the village idiot!!

My sincere apologies for the "forrest" because of the "trees". DOH :oops:

Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:11 am

Scatter wrote:PSS........for just a second I considered telling Steve_M and Rusty she was a huge fan so they would send me things. Am I a bad person????

............don't answer that :oops: :wink:

Well you'd have had a touch of the guilts for a while coz it was gonna have "Justine" written all over it :lol:

so Sesame Street meets Elvis it is then :wink:

Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:02 am

:lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:02 am

everybodys posts speak for mine, and for everybody on this board i'm sure

good luck to your daughter, and god bless and keep her during this tough time

Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:27 pm

oh, god. scatter, i hope she does well and gets through this. i can't imagine the kind of life she's had to survive. to be stunted in that way is something i can't fathom.

i knew a girl back in middle school who had spent half her life in hospitals and was emotionally stunted back a few years and in special ed because she couldn't really go through school being in constant surgery. a truly nice sweet girl.

heck, one of the only friends i've made in college is a girl who is completely deaf, and her emotional growth and world awareness has been a tad stunted as well being in a completely silent world plus being in the foster care system (her attempts to get them to listen to her--she can't speak--have been met with her being put in mental institutions).

justine should be glad she has such a wonderful father as you, scatter.

does justine enjoy elvis movies? they can be appealing to children, so i'd think you could make an elvis fan out of her in that way.

plus, it just slightly beats sesame street and the wiggles, in that it's appealing to children, but also watchable for adults. :wink:

hope she has a speedy recovery, and even though i don't pray, i do think she'll do well and have many jacuzzi baths in the future. ;)

fortunately, outside of bladder infection problems as a kid (catheder), ear tubes, and tonsils getting removed, i haven't had to spend much time in the hospital, like so many good kids end up having to do.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 3:18 pm

It pains me to hear this Scatter. No one deserves misfortune like this especially not a child. My most fervent prayers are with you. Good luck.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:15 pm

A big "me, too" from yours truly Greg Nolan!

I'm reading this only now, Scatter, but I wish you and your family the best. May the Good Lord have mercy and grant you strength at this time.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:41 pm

Know something...when it gets down to the wire.....we are not a bad lot :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:00 am

My thoughts and prayers also to this brave little girl and her family. Scatter I am sure everything will be ok.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:20 am

All my Prayers!!

Tom

My 11 Year Old Daughter

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:56 am

You have mine also

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:23 am

I just seen this thread right now. I will pray for Justine with all of my heart Scatter.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:47 pm

I wish all the best to her.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:57 pm

All the best to Justine and the rest of your family.