Off Topic Messages

Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:04 pm

With all our love, thoughts and prayers for Justine & your family.
you will ALL get through this!

Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:30 pm

May God bless you and your family and especially Justine.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:42 am

Firstly,I'd like to say how grateful my family and I are for the concern and care you have all expressed in this thread, as well as through the PMs we have received. You cannot know how encouraged we have been by the many kindnesses extended toward us by all of you. Just a little note may seem insignificant to you .......but it has meant the world to me.

As to Justine........the protein and potassium levels in her urine have elevated sharply in the past few days, so the shunt is failing faster than anticipated.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though........it may well serve to move up the date of the operations, which my wife and I prefer.

The wait is absolutely excruciating.........

We drive down to Miami on Friday morning for what was originally a final examination before finalizing the details for the surgery. Now,it may well be that we simply check into the PICU then and there and grab the first available operating suite.

I'll let you know when we know something for certain.

And again.......my thanks for your prayers, well wishes, and concern.

Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:04 pm

Scatter,
You're right, waiting is the hardest of all. I've been thinking about your family and Justine. I've never read a post that made me cry before. I wrote a song you could sing to her. It doesn't matter what tune. She'll recognize your voices, which is the most important. Make it fast and bouncy.

Justine, we love you so.
Justine, you make us know
That love is near, and love is here.
Justine, Justine, Justine

Justine, you sweetie pie.
Justine, you take us high.
You are so cute, you're the sweetest fruit.
Justine, Justine, Justine

Justine, our perfect pearl.
Justine, our darling girl.
You're so fine, and you are mine.
Justine, Justine Justine.

I have a Perry Como (don't let others see this post).
In it are:
A, You're Adorable
Catch a Falling Star
Round and Round
Pocketful of Rainbows

..... and others

I thought I had Patti Page's How Much is that Doggie in the Window, but it was on video and we lost it.

How about Itsy Bitsy Spider (with gestures)? Your wife or other kids probably know it. How about Gray Squirrel? How about The Ants go Marching in? (with gestures)

If you would like any of these PM me and let me know (plus your address so I could send you Perry LOL. I don't teach Kindergarten and I think the K teachers, who taught the songs in the paragraph above, are the ones who could sing it (no record), but I could get you the words and gestures if it would cheer your darling daughter up.
Take care.
sue

If you choose not: My feelings will not be hurt in the least.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:39 am

Thank you silver.........you're a sweetheart. I love the song.......but it's obvious you've never heard me sing.

Hasn't Justine suffered enough???? :lol: :wink:

Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:40 am

My heartfelt best wishes to you, Justine and all her friends and family. Please keep us updated on her speedy recovery!

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:12 am

Scatter,
I would never mention this for any other reason, BUT ........ it is obvious that Justine loves the water. How about an Elvis duck?? (If it floats - I'm not sure of that.)
sue

:lol: :lol: I was trying to find a duck emoticon, but they don't have one!!

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:24 am

silver wrote:it is obvious that Justine loves the water. How about an Elvis duck??

Sue -
This may very well be the only time that you can seriously suggest such a thing on here and get away with it. Just don't make a habit of it.

Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:59 am

A duck walks into a general store and asks the manager,"Got
any fresh fruit?"
"No."
"Got any fresh vegetables?"
"No. We have only canned and dry goods."

The next day, the duck returns.
"Got any fresh fruit?"
"No."
"Got any fresh vegetables?"
"No. I told you yesterday, we have only canned and dry
goods. If you come back tomorrow and ask me the same
question, I'll nail your flippers to the floor."

On the 3rd day, the duck walks in and asks,"Got any nails?"
"No."
"Got any fresh fruit?"

Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:47 am

JLGB - :lol: :lol: :lol:
sue

They don't give different names for the number of posts on this site, do they?? Too bad!!