Off Topic Messages

Nero vs. Roxio??

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:25 am

Which is better:

Easy Media Creator by Roxio

Or

Nero 7 Ultra Edition

I like to do projects with music and photos.

Thanks for any advice.

RKS

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:04 pm

I use Nero myself.......I had some back luck with Roxio a couple of yrs ago, and it crashed my system for some reason.........I uninstalled it, the pc was fine....I re-installed it again and it crashed my system again....the two failed attempts at trying Roxio put me off it for good.....so i went back to Nero.
Looking back....it was probably a hardware issue and i'd only just started using pc's so i was none the wiser.

As far as i've heard though, both are good programs, and these days most software in general is a lot more compatible with Windows XP (which i presume you're using) than it was with Windows 98, or Windows ME...so i can't see you having any problems with either.

But if you're really undecided, download the trial version's and take it from there.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:59 pm

My story is the reverse of Squirrel's. Tried Nero as it came supplied with my CD writer but everytime I tried to use it my system crashed. Also it didn't provide enough choice of templates when designing cover sleeves so didn't like it much. Changed to Roxio Easy CD & DVD Creator and, so far, seems to be working fine. Reckon it's down to luck sometimes and hoping whichever program you choose doesn't conflict with other software already installed on the hard drive.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:22 pm

I've had both and I would recommend Nero. Nero just came out with Nero 7 which I don't have yet. I've had very good luck with Nero through the years.

jeff R

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:47 pm

It depends on what you want. Nero seems to be supported more when it comes to software tools and piracy.

Easy CD creator is more user friendly. Both are great IMO.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:55 pm

I used to have both installed but since 2003 I´m only using Nero.

This could have been a good poll! :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:46 am

Nero. I've had a couple versions of Roxio but now use Nero only and like it very much. No problems whatsoever with Nero.