Off Topic Messages

...NOW WOULD'NT THIS BURN YOU?! (and no, i'm not bragging)

Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:52 am

i got a call today, that my play, puss in boots, which i have the 2nd lead role in( in the 41 page script, there is only 6 pages i'm not on and one entire scene with out me), after 6 months of rehearsals and production, is being called off......

this was me when i got the call...... :shock: :shock: :shock:

but there are big reasons for this. the director( who i admire very much) has had arguments with one of the actresses, who says he's done nothing (which is absolute bullshit) and also been nasty( the director is just very outgoing, and the actress is not used to this)

this got back to her mother, who said very nasty things about him, which he did'nt deserve. the actress i worked with used to tell him things he could do better, and did'nt agree with his decisions. i used to be at school with her, but now i'm not too sure about being friendly to her after this

plus, he was a teacher, and he was promised a new contract at the beginning of december.......it never came. he is promised a new one for next year, but he and his family won't get paid until march, so they have to find jobs to make up for money, so this is why my play is being cancelled

and the worst part for me is....the chick who plays puss in boots in the play i probably won't see again, i like her too, what a bummer! lol

can anybody here relate to this kind of thing they'd like to tell us?
Last edited by Scott Haigh 781990EP on Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:11 am

If you have been working on it for 6 months it should be easy for you to tell the girl that you would like to keep in touch. Too bad the play got cancelled but on the bright side you got experience. :)

Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:16 am

oh i'm too shy, she'd suspect i liked her

plus she's going to japan for most of the year next year, and shes 9 months older than me, plus i THINK she already has a boy friend

i already had acting experience from a musical i did. i had some really killer lines in this play too, i'm real disappointed its ended, but i can understand the directors circumstances perfectly

Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:33 am

Gotta love show biz! Try sinking six figures of your own money into a project that was greenlighted by a studio, only to have the entire thing shelved by the new studio head!!

Tom

Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:53 am

Just how much have I had to drink tonight?...........what was that all about? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:57 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Gotta love show biz! Try sinking six figures of your own money into a project that was greenlighted by a studio, only to have the entire thing shelved by the new studio head!!

Tom

God I HATE when that happens to me.......

No matter........my musical version of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" will make it to the theatres one day!!!!

Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:34 pm

Scatter wrote:
Tom in North Carolina wrote:Gotta love show biz! Try sinking six figures of your own money into a project that was greenlighted by a studio, only to have the entire thing shelved by the new studio head!!

Tom

God I HATE when that happens to me.......

No matter........my musical version of "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" will make it to the theatres one day!!!!

And I heard it was a Rip Roarin' version to Scatter!!! :wink:

8)

Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:28 am

Scatter wrote:God I HATE when that happens to me.......

Scatter,
How many times do I have to tell you that musicals just don't work anymore. Perhaps screenwriting is not your cup of tea. As if the above wasn't bad enough, you continue to push your comedic version of Schindler's List on me and my friends in the business. Give it up man!

Tom