Off Topic Messages

The Producers

Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:07 pm

Has anyone seen the new film version of The Producers ?

I`m a huge fan of the original film, and got to see the updated stage version on Broadway last year (which starred that weird Pharmacist guy out of Desperate Housewives), and it was by far the best stage show i have ever seen.

I have big hopes for this film, and i think Nathan Lane is one of those actors who despite his talent, does not get the parts that do his talent justice.

Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:39 am

I too saw a broadway version.

I wasn't a big fan of the Mel Brooks movie...I got bored save Uhla!!

The new version actually looks more interesting to me and Uma is quite a dish!!

Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:14 am

genesim wrote:I wasn't a big fan of the Mel Brooks movie...I got bored save Uhla!!!

I'm glad that someone else didn't care for this flick.

Tom

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:57 am

I loved the new movie and once again Uma rocked the house. She can do anything. Movies like Kill Bill and then a movie like the Producers. She is great.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:47 am

There is no argument there. Perhaps from what I saw on the trailers, this movie has bettered the original. It certaintly appears so.

Though I am a pantyhose man...stockings have more of an impact in the promos in contrast to the original girl. :lol: :P

Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:16 pm

"Though I am a pantyhose man"

Dont you find that pantyhose chaff a little though Gen ?

As for Uma, i`m a big fan of her, though the only negative reviews i have seen here in the UK press, concern her singing and dancing ability.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:27 pm

chaff since when?

However, in recent years some versions for men 1 have appeared in the marketplace, touted for warmth as well as for appearance, improved blood circulation, and comfort. Pantyhose for male horseback riders are recommended by such riders as William Shatner for protection against blisters and abrasions on the man's thighs and duff. Surprisingly enough, pantyhose for men have been part of the War in Iraq. "One item U.S. military personnel in Iraq are asking for is pantyhose. Dating back to his days as a professional football player, Bart Starr said he wore pantyhose for warmth during games. Now, that might give some people pause, but pantyhose are one way that military personnel can protect themselves from pesky sand fleas".

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:42 pm

Gen, I`ll have what your drinking....... :D

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:52 pm

Yeah your right..there is only one really good use for them.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 9:02 pm

Well i caught up with this film this afternoon and i enjoyed it, but i have to agree with the critics, in that Uma Thurman was badly miscast. She looks more than great, but cannot sing and dance well enough, and did`nt come over sexy enough.

Nice film, but i enjoyed the Broadway version much more.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:52 pm

I don't know....this trailer convinced me pretty good.

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/clips/180 ... e=c&a=0,15

The original girl wasn't that great, and I definetly think Uma trounces her.

As for the broadway, well, I saw some kind of show, and yes that Ula was great. But still it looks like Uma is very respectful.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:56 pm

genesim wrote:Yeah your right..there is only one really good use for them.

I have only eyes for Alizee. :lol:

Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:26 pm

I read this time last year that Nicole Kidman had signed on for the role Of Ula, but had second thoughts about the role and pulled out. I would have loved to have seen her in this role, as she is one sexy lady.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:10 pm

As if Uma isn't?

Both have classic beauty about them, but Uma seems more convincing as a Swedish blonde bombshell. IMHO

Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:17 pm

Gene................you have never been the same about Uma, since you saw her swinging her sword about in Kill Bill!

But she ain`t no Ula.