Off Topic Messages

What's this world coming to?

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:20 pm

Just watching my favorite soap opera (on a major network) with my wife before I go to work, lo and behold, it's interrupted, not for the President, not for a major catastrophe, but for the latest New York Yankee signing, Johnny Damon, that's right, a baseball player switching teams. Unfrickinbelievable! What the phuck is going on? Has the media gone mad?

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:22 pm

Unbelievable .................. you were watching a soap opera?! :shock: :D

Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:06 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:Unbelievable .................. you were watching a soap opera?! :shock: :D

My wife insists I spend "quality" time with her. :P

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:09 am

elvissessions.com wrote:Unbelievable .................. you were watching a soap opera?! :shock: :D

You beat me to it ES :lol:

And don't try that "quality time" dodge here young man..........you said it was "YOUR" favorite soap opera. :wink:

Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:22 am

Which one of you wears the pants during this activity?

:wink: :wink: Just breaking your balls....oops... can't do that either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: What's this world coming to?

Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:37 pm

Joe Car wrote:my favorite soap opera

Which one would that be, Joe? You can tell us. We promise not to laugh and make fun.

Don't we, guys?

Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:31 pm

I've already laughred as hard as i can so that i can stay stone faced when Joe tells us.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:48 am

you have a favorite soap opera, huh?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

should i recommend the infamously bad mexican telenovelas to you? you might like them. the acting is so bad and hilarious. they give me a headache though.

btw, i hate those bad daytime soaps (like young & the restless/bold & the beautiful--my mom's favorites) with a fiery passion.

"com'on, it's telly time! passions is on! timmy fell down the bloody well and if you make me miss it, i'll..."
"you'll what? lick me to death?"

i had to say it.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 3:55 pm

Rob wrote:Don't we, guys?

Sure. :lol:
Take advantage we are all in good mood and it is Christmas.

Sun Dec 25, 2005 4:27 pm

Rob wrote:
Joe Car wrote:my favorite soap opera

Which one would that be, Joe? You can tell us. We promise not to laugh and make fun.

Don't we, guys?

All My Children. :oops:

Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:57 pm

LOL!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:04 pm

Ok I can come out of the closet now...back in the 80's I used to watch Young and The Restless when they had the mafia on:

From Wikipedia-

"The Young and the Restless is also one of the few soaps to have successfully integrated a number of African American actors into its cast. In the mid-80's Y&R created a storyline which revolved around a young black man being made up in whiteface to bring down a mafia kingpin, but the characters were written out within a few years. "

I got intrigued when a friend was watching. I would tell her to let me know when the Mafia played their part. She taped it daily cause she was at work.

I believe one of the characters names was "Jazz". It may have been cheese, but I was into Revenge of the Ninja at the time and the hole Mob thing was something I was into at the time. I loved the guys hand being put into a pirranha tank.

I also admit to following the "Victor" character who ended up in Titanic. He was a mean SOB. His story with his wife would come off mildly entertaining. I actually watched when he met Nikki at a strip club. lol I remember distinctly the buildup. She was a hotty back then. lol

The problem is that after a few turns I get bored out of my skull. Soap operas are like alot of reality shows to me now. A waste of life!!!