What's this world coming to?

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

What's this world coming to?

Post by Joe Car »

Just watching my favorite soap opera (on a major network) with my wife before I go to work, lo and behold, it's interrupted, not for the President, not for a major catastrophe, but for the latest New York Yankee signing, Johnny Damon, that's right, a baseball player switching teams. Unfrickinbelievable! What the phuck is going on? Has the media gone mad?

elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by elvissessions »

Unbelievable .................. you were watching a soap opera?! :shock: :D

Topic author
Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

elvissessions.com wrote:Unbelievable .................. you were watching a soap opera?! :shock: :D
My wife insists I spend "quality" time with her. :P

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Scatter »

elvissessions.com wrote:Unbelievable .................. you were watching a soap opera?! :shock: :D
You beat me to it ES :lol:

And don't try that "quality time" dodge here young man..........you said it was "YOUR" favorite soap opera. :wink:

genesim
Registered for: 21 years

Post by genesim »

Which one of you wears the pants during this activity?

:wink: :wink: Just breaking your balls....oops... can't do that either. :lol: :lol: :lol:

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana

Rob

Re: What's this world coming to?

Post by Rob »

Joe Car wrote:my favorite soap opera
Which one would that be, Joe? You can tell us. We promise not to laugh and make fun.

Don't we, guys?

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

I've already laughred as hard as i can so that i can stay stone faced when Joe tells us.

Elvis' Babe
Registered for: 20 years
Mood:

Post by Elvis' Babe »

you have a favorite soap opera, huh?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

should i recommend the infamously bad mexican telenovelas to you? you might like them. the acting is so bad and hilarious. they give me a headache though.

btw, i hate those bad daytime soaps (like young & the restless/bold & the beautiful--my mom's favorites) with a fiery passion.

"com'on, it's telly time! passions is on! timmy fell down the bloody well and if you make me miss it, i'll..."
"you'll what? lick me to death?"

i had to say it.

"Thank you very much. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the big, freaky International Hotel. Those little weirdo dolls on the walls. And those little funky angels on the ceiling. Uh, this is my first live appearance in 9 years. H-uhh! Thank you. I've appeared dead a few times, but this is my first live appearance. Before the evening is up, I will have made a complete and total fool of myself, and I hope you get a kick out of watching it." --EP

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Rob wrote:Don't we, guys?
Sure. :lol:
Take advantage we are all in good mood and it is Christmas.

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Topic author
Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Rob wrote:
Joe Car wrote:my favorite soap opera
Which one would that be, Joe? You can tell us. We promise not to laugh and make fun.

Don't we, guys?
All My Children. :oops:

comeback-kid
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by comeback-kid »

LOL!!!!!!!

genesim
Registered for: 21 years

Post by genesim »

Ok I can come out of the closet now...back in the 80's I used to watch Young and The Restless when they had the mafia on:

From Wikipedia-

"The Young and the Restless is also one of the few soaps to have successfully integrated a number of African American actors into its cast. In the mid-80's Y&R created a storyline which revolved around a young black man being made up in whiteface to bring down a mafia kingpin, but the characters were written out within a few years. "

I got intrigued when a friend was watching. I would tell her to let me know when the Mafia played their part. She taped it daily cause she was at work.

I believe one of the characters names was "Jazz". It may have been cheese, but I was into Revenge of the Ninja at the time and the hole Mob thing was something I was into at the time. I loved the guys hand being put into a pirranha tank.

I also admit to following the "Victor" character who ended up in Titanic. He was a mean SOB. His story with his wife would come off mildly entertaining. I actually watched when he met Nikki at a strip club. lol I remember distinctly the buildup. She was a hotty back then. lol

The problem is that after a few turns I get bored out of my skull. Soap operas are like alot of reality shows to me now. A waste of life!!!

All I have in this world is my balls, and my word, and I don't break 'em for noone-Tony Montana