Off Topic Messages

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:21 pm

This topic is so gay. :roll:

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:39 pm

I could`nt care less if two guys want to rhino each other up the arse, let them get on with it. Each to their own and all that.

But i`m getting really sick of the sight of Elton Johns ugly mug, every time i pick up a newspaper here in the UK. When was the last time you read an article on his music ?

John has turned himself into a long running soap opera. Married to a woman, married to a guy, drugs, drink, hissy fits at airports, £250,000 a year on flowers, clothes, his weight, his friggin wig.

I`m sick of the sight of this boring be-wigged midget, and his shite music !

And another thing. In the late 70`s, Elton John was quoted in a UK music paper as saying when he met Elvis, he looked like a bloated beached whale, and he would`nt be caught dead playing to old grannies in Vegas !

Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:45 pm

genesim wrote:This topic is so gay. :roll:


Seems like we've been having a lot of these discussions lately.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:00 pm

Hello Sailor! (Again :roll: )

Geoff

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:07 pm

JEFF d wrote:Ok, why are some of you people watching TV 24/7 and why not just change the channel if some "gay" show comes on, when the family is watching the tele 24/7? You can always just watch Animal Planet I don't think they have too many queer shows on.... or how about Public TV? Where do you people live that just has gays on the tele 24/7??? lolol :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan


It's not quite as simple as that Jeff.

It's thrown at us 24/7 on the news, on soap opera's, sitcom's, music channel's....you name it it's shown on it.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:08 pm

Ezzz wrote:I could`nt care less if two guys want to rhino each other up the arse, let them get on with it. Each to their own and all that.

But i`m getting really sick of the sight of Elton Johns ugly mug, every time i pick up a newspaper here in the UK. When was the last time you read an article on his music ?

John has turned himself into a long running soap opera. Married to a woman, married to a guy, drugs, drink, hissy fits at airports, £250,000 a year on flowers, clothes, his weight, his friggin wig.

I`m sick of the sight of this boring be-wigged midget, and his shite music !

And another thing. In the late 70`s, Elton John was quoted in a UK music paper as saying when he met Elvis, he looked like a bloated beached whale, and he would`nt be caught dead playing to old grannies in Vegas !


True, LOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:16 pm

the squirrel wrote:It's not quite as simple as that Jeff.


I really don't see it that much here. Having Elton in the news all the time, I would get sick of that myself.... yea we have gay themed shows like Will & Grace and alot of those shows on Bravo are gay themed, I just don't feel bombarded with it. There are gay people in the world so some of these queers are bound to show up on TV from time to time! LOL :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:46 am

"They should all be rounded up and quarantined on an island somewhere."
- Rev. Hamilton




If gays insist on having their own place & outlet in the "entertainment industry", then stick them on their own satellite network - not regular broadcast TV. A pay-for channel.

And this will ensure that kids (and normal people) will not see anything remotely gay as they flip channels.


- of course normal people do run a risk when it's time for televised award shows for Emmys and Tonys. LOL.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:15 am

Ezzz wrote:I could`nt care less if two guys want to rhino each other up the arse, let them get on with it. Each to their own and all that.

But i`m getting really sick of the sight of Elton Johns ugly mug, every time i pick up a newspaper here in the UK. When was the last time you read an article on his music ?
John has turned himself into a long running soap opera. Married to a woman, married to a guy, drugs, drink, hissy fits at airports, £250,000 a year on flowers, clothes, his weight, his friggin wig.

I`m sick of the sight of this boring be-wigged midget, and his shite music !

And another thing. In the late 70`s, Elton John was quoted in a UK music paper as saying when he met Elvis, he looked like a bloated beached whale, and he would`nt be caught dead playing to old grannies in Vegas !


Image

Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:35 am

tupelo_boy wrote:For some reason getting past the suffering to a place where a person can be proud of their lives is a bad thing?

Try substituting the words Gay and Sexuality with Female, Black, Jew, Christian, etc. I think ethically you're not so much on thin ice as fallen through it.

Your comparison is excellent, but will fall on deaf ears. Bigotry is an ugly thing, and it's obvious we have a lot of ignorant people on this MB.

tupelo_boy wrote:BTW DJC's assertion about people being the thing they fear most - it's a process known as "reaction formation" it's very well documented, and I make no further comment ...

Indeed, and there are a few VERY fearful people on this topic.

DJC

Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:53 pm

Name name's stumpy?

You can't can you.......Because you're talking out of you're arse as usual.

You make claim's and never ever back them up....And because you can't, you either conveniently ignore the matter, or you resort to hurling insults....Because that's all you can do when you have no real answer.....You'll do anything to evade backing up your claim's.


tupelo_boy wrote:
BTW DJC's assertion about people being the thing they fear most - it's a process known as "reaction formation" it's very well documented, and I make no further comment ...


He like's making assertion's doesn't he........99% of which are wrong.

Like GG said.....he does indeed have delusion's of grandeur......Not only does he think he's a doctor, he think's he a psychiatrist too

Image

Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:49 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

Defense mechanisms

According to Freud, the defense mechanisms are the method by which the ego can solve the conflicts between the superego and the id. The use of the mechanisms required Eros (named after the greek god of love - 'Cupid' in roman mythology), and they are helpful if moderately used. The use of defense mechanisms may attenuate the conflict between the id and superego, but their overuse or reuse rather than confrontation can lead to either anxiety or guilt which may result in psychological disorders such as depression. His daughter, Anna Freud, had done the most significant work on this field, yet credited Sigmund with Defense Mechanisms as he began the work. The defense mechanisms include, denial, reaction formation, displacement, repression/suppression (the proper term), projection, intellectualisation, rationalisation, compensation, sublimation and regressive emotionality.

Denial occurs when someone fends off awareness of an unpleasant truth or of a reality that is a threat to the ego. For example, a student may have received a bad grade on a report card but tells himself that grades don't matter. (Some early writers argued for a striking parallel between Freudian denial and Nietzsche's ideas of ressentiment and the revaluation of values that he attributed to "herd" or "slave" morality.)
Repression occurs when an experience is so painful (such as war trauma) that it is subconsciously forced from consciousness, while suppression is a conscious effort to do the same.

Intellectualisation involves removing one's self, emotionally, from a stressful event. Intellectualisation is often accomplished through rationalisation rather than accepting reality, one may explain it away to remove one's self.

Compensation occurs when someone takes up one behavior because one cannot accomplish another behavior. For example, the second born child may clown around to get attention since the older child is already an accomplished scholar.

Sublimation is the channeling of impulses to socially accepted behaviours. For instance, the use of a dark, gloomy poem to describe life by such poets as Emily Dickinson.

Reaction formation takes place when someone takes the opposite approach consciously compared to what he wants unconsciously. For example, someone may engage in violence against another race because, he claims, they are inferior, when unconsciously it is he himself who feels inferior.

To borrow a phrase - "read and learn"

Geoff

Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:19 pm

Anyone can read that clap-trap 24/7.......most of it is nothing but psycho-analytical deleted - see guidelines #2

ImageImageImageImage

Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:40 am

What about the pesky ol' duplicitious psychological nature of irony?


Doc is "intolerant" and "hateful" and "discriminating" against people with old-fashioned values.


Doc himself uses Hate Speech and he himself is stubbornly Intolerant.


But of course, he targets Straight White People to dislike and abuse, and be bigoted against.

I'm sure he feels that's okay.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:10 am

Has anyone out there got a copy of Larry Grayson's version of 'Are You Mincing Tonight?'. It was on the Up The Shitter label.

Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:49 am

tupelo_boy wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigmund_Freud

Defense mechanisms

According to Freud, the defense mechanisms are the method by which the ego can solve the conflicts between the superego and the id. The use of the mechanisms required Eros (named after the greek god of love - 'Cupid' in roman mythology), and they are helpful if moderately used. The use of defense mechanisms may attenuate the conflict between the id and superego, but their overuse or reuse rather than confrontation can lead to either anxiety or guilt which may result in psychological disorders such as depression. His daughter, Anna Freud, had done the most significant work on this field, yet credited Sigmund with Defense Mechanisms as he began the work. The defense mechanisms include, denial, reaction formation, displacement, repression/suppression (the proper term), projection, intellectualisation, rationalisation, compensation, sublimation and regressive emotionality.

Denial occurs when someone fends off awareness of an unpleasant truth or of a reality that is a threat to the ego. For example, a student may have received a bad grade on a report card but tells himself that grades don't matter. (Some early writers argued for a striking parallel between Freudian denial and Nietzsche's ideas of ressentiment and the revaluation of values that he attributed to "herd" or "slave" morality.)
Repression occurs when an experience is so painful (such as war trauma) that it is subconsciously forced from consciousness, while suppression is a conscious effort to do the same.

Intellectualisation involves removing one's self, emotionally, from a stressful event. Intellectualisation is often accomplished through rationalisation rather than accepting reality, one may explain it away to remove one's self.

Compensation occurs when someone takes up one behavior because one cannot accomplish another behavior. For example, the second born child may clown around to get attention since the older child is already an accomplished scholar.

Sublimation is the channeling of impulses to socially accepted behaviours. For instance, the use of a dark, gloomy poem to describe life by such poets as Emily Dickinson.

Reaction formation takes place when someone takes the opposite approach consciously compared to what he wants unconsciously. For example, someone may engage in violence against another race because, he claims, they are inferior, when unconsciously it is he himself who feels inferior.

To borrow a phrase - "read and learn"



Geoff


to quote Andy Griffith... "and thats the biggest crock of nothin' ive ever heard." :lol:

Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:44 am

LOL Kylan.

Hey Tupelo Boy!...smile............Everyone loves a moron!

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:46 pm

Indeed! You do seem to be the popular one Squirrel. :wink:

Geoff

Sat Dec 31, 2005 2:50 pm

the squirrel wrote:Hey Tupelo Boy!...smile............Everyone loves a moron!

Just because you admit to being a moron isn't a reason for Geoff to smile.

DJC

Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:00 pm

Listen to these two.....Dumb and Dumbass, or as they're otherwise known, Fick and Fin.

You don't scare me.......I drive a school bus.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:22 am

I hate to drag this thread out again.

In keeping with the "gay" theme....my wife and I have rented three movies in a row that had gay people in them. Two of the films were PG-13. One a dream, one a love story-comedy and the other a comedy. Seems a person just can't get away from this sort of lifestyle even when you're not looking forward to it.

In case anyone wants to know which films they are, here is the list.

Must Love Dogs (cute)
Eulogy (silly but some great laughs)
The Heights (turned it off after 25 minutes)

After that, I placed an order for The Absent-Minded Professor and Son Of Flubber. :lol:

jeff R

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:58 am

jeffreyjames wrote:my wife and I have rented three movies in a row that had gay people in them.


Well, stay out of the section behind the curtain then.

Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:40 pm

Hey Rob, are you asking to stay out of that section because you have a film or two there? :lol:

jeff R

Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:15 am

No comment.