Off Topic Messages

Did Elvis meet these stars?

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:08 am

Paul Newman, Clint Eastwood, Warren Beatty, James Garner or John Wayne. Any info or pictures would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:22 am

You mean:

Did These Stars Meet Elvis

8)

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:37 am

Joe,

He met Paul Newman, not sure about the rest.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:53 pm

I dont think Steve McQueen was too impressed by E. He referred to him as "that guitar guy".

re

Thu Dec 22, 2005 2:48 pm

John wayne went to graceland the 18/08/77 for the funerals.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:44 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:You mean:

Did These Stars Meet Elvis

8)

Well said G.G.!

Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:22 pm

surfcat wrote:I dont think Steve McQueen was too impressed by E. He referred to him as "that guitar guy".

This was because they were seeing the same woman, Barbara Leigh. Elvis referred to McQueen as 'that motorcycle guy.' I take these comments as being humorously sarcastic digs between rivals.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:06 am

Delboy wrote:Joe,

He met Paul Newman, not sure about the rest.

When did that happen, Delboy?

Would love to learn that Elvis had met Errol Flynn. Or Lee Marvin. Or Jack Palance. Or Christopher Biggins.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:41 am

Pete Dube wrote:
surfcat wrote:I dont think Steve McQueen was too impressed by E. He referred to him as "that guitar guy".

This was because they were seeing the same woman, Barbara Leigh. Elvis referred to McQueen as 'that motorcycle guy.' I take these comments as being humorously sarcastic digs between rivals.

Ah, that explains it then. Ta Pete. :)

Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:59 pm

Don't think he met Warren B. Am reading his bio by miss Finstad and there is no mention of any Presley.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:56 am

John wayne never attended Elvis funeral . It's myth. Elvis met Wayne, and Clint Eastwood and James Garner. Don't know about the rest.

Re: re

Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:40 am

tcb4 wrote:John wayne went to graceland the 18/08/77 for the funerals.

Another myth...never happened.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:01 am

I did read some years ago that whilst Elvis was doing the dance sequence for 'Jailhouse Rock', Paul Newman was filming in another studio and stopped to watch it behind camera.

Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:03 am

Me wrote:John wayne never attended Elvis funeral . It's myth. Elvis met Wayne, and Clint Eastwood and James Garner. Don't know about the rest.

When did Elvis meet Clint Eastwood?? I,ve never heard that before. Would be interested in that if you have any more info.

re

Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:30 pm

do you also have more precisions about when EP met J Wayne :?: