Off Topic Messages

Strictly Come Dancing (BBC)

Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:47 pm

Well, I know it went head to head with X Factor but I love this show. How competative it was. I cant believe ballroom dancing would be so addictive.

Also, not sure if anyone can answer this but Elvis songs were used 3 times over that last several weeks for the celebrity couples to dance to (ALLC, Jailhouse Rock and Can't Help Falling In Love), is Elvis used for ballroom dancing a lot?

Well done Darren Gough for winning (for our non commonwealth friends, he plays cricket for England).
Last edited by pacer on Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:24 pm

Me and the Mrs have also watched this series, plus its sister show on BBC2 every night. If anyone had told me a couple of years ago, i`d be watching a ballroom dancing show and really enjoying it, i would have never believed it. The ballroom dancing is quite cool, though the Latin dancing does make me cringe, as its so over the top and camp, but it`s still worth watching for the sexy little outfits the gals wear.... :D

Did you notice ex heavyweight boxing champ Evander Hollyfield in the audience ?

Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:29 pm

I believe Evander Hollyfield is going to be on the xmas special.

Think he was on the US version too? Can't wait for someone to critise him - strickly come dancing meets Rocky...!

Never home in time to watch the BBC2 show, though my girlfriend says its very good.

Like you, never thought I would be watching, let alone enjoying, ballroom dancing.
Last edited by pacer on Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:34 pm

Yeah, its time for real men to take back ballroom from the gay mafia!..............after all, what kind of a man would ever wear a jump suit covered in sequins and slashed to the waist ?......... :wink:

Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:41 pm

Ezzz, just for you - they made the web site pink...!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/strictlycomedancing/

Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:54 pm

Your right about the Xmas special and Evander Hollyfield Pacer, i`ve just seen him strutting his stuff, and it looks like it could be a right laugh !

Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:59 am

I spent most of the night flicking between Come Dancing and X Factor....saw most of both....family tv returns.... :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 20, 2005 3:18 am

carolynlm wrote:Good to see Darren Gough is good for something :lol: :lol:

Caro.....naughty gilr :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:35 pm

Don't mention the Ashes to carolynlm.... :twisted:

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:07 pm

There is only one sport worth talking about, and thats the one the English gave to the world, football!!..............and the Aussies are crap at it !

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:18 pm

Should be very interesting, Evander is a big bugger.

(I could still take knock the shite out of him though :shock: Big pansy, dancing and prancing around like that)

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:52 pm

Yeah, give me a couple of days to get in shape, and i`d complete the job Tyson started and bite his other ear off !

In his prime he was a very good fighter, but as per usual with boxers, he went on too long and got beat by some very average fighters. He seems to be sluring his words a little too.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Ezzz wrote:
He seems to be sluring his words a little too

A sure sign that he went on a little too long. Still a big bugger.

Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:05 pm

A big bugger he may be Pacer, but did you see the size of that Russian beast, who beat Ruiz the other night to become the new champ ? 7 bloody foot tall ! ( though they say he does`nt have a knock out punch..... :shock: )

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:27 am

carolynlm wrote:
Ezzz wrote:There is only one sport worth talking about, and thats the one the English gave to the world, football!!..............and the Aussies are crap at it !

well, I suppose there has to be some thing we can't do very well, and if has to be something, I thank God it's crappy football (soccer, or whatever you want to call it)

Way to go Carolyn...
If only these guys saw what real football is. Aussie Rules, the only game worth getting excited about!!!

Oh lets kick this little round ball around and try and get it in the net!!!LOL!!!What skill, No great marks(Catching they would call it)
Oh boy to explain a game that is so much better than soccer!!!!

:P

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:34 am

Ezzz wrote: He seems to be sluring his words a little too.

Must be all that medication he's on!!

OOPS! wrong guy!!! :oops:

:twisted:

Well when Elvis slurred it had to be because of the medication!!!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:36 am

pacer wrote:Don't mention the Ashes to carolynlm.... :twisted:

Enjoy it while it lasts coz it won't be for long!!! :lol:

8)

Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:08 pm

sam wrote:
Enjoy it while it lasts coz it won't be for long!!!

First the West Indies, India and then Aussies now its Englands time to take charge for several years!

Current tour in Pakistan is just a warm up for India!

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:50 pm

Cricket ?.....................a game for fat blokes who cant play football, there are some serious beer guts amongst those guys.

I`ll give you this Carolyn and Sam, you Aussies are quite good at minor sports like swimming and cricket. Its just a pity you guys lack any kind of decent culture. When did the last half decent film come out of Australia, or decent rcording artist?

And when are you going to take bloody Rolf Harris and Barry Humphries back ?

Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:32 pm

Ezzz wrote: Its just a pity you guys lack any kind of decent culture. When did the last half decent film come out of Australia, or decent rcording artist?

And when are you going to take bloody Rolf Harris and Barry Humphries back ?

Now EZZZZZZZZ, That is just showing ur ignorance, there are lots of great artists come out of Australia!!!!

Well at least Leo Sayer has seen the light!!!! :wink:

:P

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:27 am

Sam -

You wrote:
...there are lots of great artists come out of Australia!!!!

Yeah !

Well, there's Rolf Harris.... err.... and....... err..... Olivia Newton John... oh no, she's English... err... Errol Flynn..... oh no, he was Tasmanian...
...err... oh, of course..... Kylie !

That's enough to be getting along with, isn't it ?

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:37 am

ColinB wrote:Sam -

You wrote:
...there are lots of great artists come out of Australia!!!!

Yeah !

Well, there's Rolf Harris.... err.... and....... err..... Olivia Newton John... oh no, she's English... err... Errol Flynn..... oh no, he was Tasmanian...
...err... oh, of course..... Kylie !

That's enough to be getting along with, isn't it ?

And what are we getting from England these days??? Clif doing another Christmas song??? :P

Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:54 am

Nope.

Not this year !

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:23 am

Carolyn -

You wrote:
....you have to take back the million or so poms that came here to try and get a better way of life.

Err...... weren't they sent there ?

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:27 am

ColinB wrote:Carolyn -

You wrote:
....you have to take back the million or so poms that came here to try and get a better way of life.

Err...... weren't they sent there ?

No Colin, that was in your time.
They flee to be here now!!! :P
As Leo Sayer has!!!