Off Topic Messages

Does The Shoe Fit?

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:56 am

Surely, there's no one like this on here.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10389484/

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:03 pm

Actually, a casual peek at some recent topics might yield two or three very likely candidates.

DJC

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:13 pm

OH NO!!! :shock:

A man turns down a job because he does not agree with the work environment!!! For shame that there should be any kind of FREEDOM!

Rob you accuse people on here, and yet what are you implying we should do with those kind of people? Maybe string them up to a cross or burn them at the stake? :lol:

The facts are that all of us have prejudices, its just that some of us are more comfortable expressing them.

As for sexual orientation...has nothing to do with Racism.

Only an idiot would say that someone is "mentally ill" for going along with his feelings of wanting to be as nature intended.

If someone doesn't want to work around gay, ugly, fat people, it is their god given right. Although, I do fear that will limit their earning potential. I still wouldn't call them "mentally ill" for it...just picky.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:48 pm

genesim wrote:If someone doesn't want to work around gay, ugly, fat people, it is their god given right. Although, I do fear that will limit their earning potential.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:25 pm

genesim wrote:Rob you accuse people on here, and yet what are you implying we should do with those kind of people?

Who did I accuse?

It was more of an inquiry than a statement, my friend.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:02 am

The DSM would not call prejudice mental illness, but some mentally ill people are prejudiced (some to an extreme degree), but it probably isn't part of their mental illness.

I suppose a person could refrain from taking a job because of prejudice, since we are free to do what makes us most comfortable. I would hope that people would start getting over their prejudices. However, that would be in a perfect world, and we don't live in a perfect world, by any stretch of the imagination.
sue