24%
Tom in North Carolina
3%
Pete Dube
2%
Carolynlm
3%

Total votes : 63

WHO IS KING OF THE MESSAGEBOARD with 250+ posts ???

Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:10 pm

All right, it's been a long time coming, but here it is: your chance to place your vote and decide once and for all who is KING OF THE MESSAGEBOARD. That one member who has the most extensive knowledge on all-things-Elvis, who is the most polite and friendly, the funniest, the sharpest...

YOU decide the criteria on which to choose your favorite member.
To keep it overseeable, I've decided to limit the list to the current 10 members who have posted more than 250 threads (!). These are the boys and girls who posted the much, now it's up to YOU to tell us who posted the best of them.

That's not to say that the minus-250 members (like myself :cry: :wink: ) haven't posted worthwile messages, they certainly have.

I urge the choosen ones not to vote endlessly on their own name, to keep it honest and interesting. It's also more interesting for them to really know their position to the others.

Hopefully this poll will lead to an hommage to these members who have contributed so much good to this MB. If you don't see your favorite in this list and don't want to vote, you can still place your own favorite name as a reply to this thread.

A big THANK YOU to all the members for keeping me amused and
informed for a long time.

p.s.: I wanted to include following 200+ members but the poll didn't allow for that much options! :cry: :

Blue-Gypsy
MikeMcCoy
KiwiAlan
jeffreyjames
Kylan
N880EP

Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:57 am

Definitely Pete Dube!

Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:13 am

Man I am surprised more people haven't voted for Sam. He definetely is the most active on this board!!! I think Sam's posts are inteligent and he should be recognized. He rarely makes people mad, like I do, and is pretty even tempered. Hats off to Sam, he is alright in my book. He is a powerful asset to the Elvis world as well as FECC!

Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:43 am

thanks for that genesim, :oops:
I wonder if Carolyn minds being put up there as King of the messageboard.

I'd vote her queen of the board. :D

Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:00 am

I wasn't meaning you shouldn't be up there. :D Just that you would be queen of the board not king of the board. :D

8)

Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:50 am

Sam is definitely a top choice!

Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:00 pm

James -

I urge the chosen ones not to vote endlessly on their own name

That isn't possible, is it ?

Technically, I mean.

This is embarrassing !

Whatever the outcome, Sam & Carolyn are the King & Queen - so there !

Aussie rules !

Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:00 pm

I have to say in terms of pure knowledge, it strikes me as close between Rebel & DJC.

BTW why wasn't CURTIS considered? His witty & erudite posts have always added to my knowledge of all things Elvis! :wink:

Wed Jun 25, 2003 3:18 pm

carolynlm: your name is up there because you have posted more than 250 times just like the other nine members in this poll, which makes you eligible to be Queen (in your case :) ) of the MB. It's up to the other members to vote! And don't feel embarrassed, it's a silly game anyway; we're all killing time here.

tupelo_boy: Curtis wasn't covered because according to the memberlist he scored only 16 posts, since his return. :wink:

ColinB: I didn't know it was impossible to vote more than once. Good, that makes the results all the more truthful, I guess.

genesim, Kylan, ColinB: what's stopping you to vote for Sam? As of now he has no votes when he should have at least your three votes!

Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:32 pm

James -
I know you mean well with this thread, but I have to ask that you please take my name off the list. I don't particularly care for this "popularity contest" kind of stuff, and I simply do not have an extensive knowledge of Elvis. I think I'm generally solid knowledgewise, but the Doc and Rebel blow me out of the water! I'd like to suggest that you add in my place Stefan Kock or Stephen Butler (heck, just add both of 'em, they're both worthy of the honor!).
Kylan: thank you!

Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:06 pm

James 27, the problem is that I er....voted for someone else. lol

Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:32 pm

Thank you James for putting my name on
the list but I'm just an "elvis-fan".

rockinrebel has my vote all the way!!!

rockinrebel for president!!!

Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:54 pm

Pete, please don't feel embarrassed by this, it's only a limited poll of the ten members that put the most posts on the mb. Of course there are many others who are just as worthy of the honor that didn't score 250+posts.

Anyway, I tried to honor your request to take your name off, but it seems editing is not possible with the poll. It is possible with the text below it though, but as your name only appears in the poll erasing that is impossible. If someone knows how to do this, I will be happy to oblige.
In the meantime, enjoy...it was only meant for fun. :)

Rockin Rebel

Thu Jun 26, 2003 12:02 am

Rockin Rebel has the knowledge of DJC without the little man complex.

Tony

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:28 am

I voted for SAM
Last edited by Jesse Garon on Fri May 05, 2006 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:31 am

Jesse Garon wrote:I voted for SAM

but I wanted to vote for Curtis

Thank you Jesse. I am touched!!! ouch!!! :oops:

:D

Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:52 am

Incredible! This thread is 2 years old and it gets resurrected. Oh well... :wink:

Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:18 am

King GG

I like the sound of that. :wink:

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:42 pm

Hey, in two years, I've amassed two votes ?

[Can't remember, but I'm assuming the 3rd one was my own]

[That's 2 more than we thought you'd get - The Management]

It's 2 more I thought I'd get !

As I posted at the time, these sort of things are just an embarrassment.

Unless you're winning, of course !

Well, I'm still ahead on quantity, for whatever that's worth !

[Not much - The Management]

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:55 pm

i voted for ColinB

Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:58 pm

What on earth was the reason for bringing up a thread two years after it was last posted in ?

It's not as if the info it was originally started on holds any accuracy now.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:23 pm

So long ago to remember but I think I voted for Carolyn!!!

:D

Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:51 pm

Steve -

You wrote:
What on earth was the reason for bringing up a thread two years after it was last posted in ?

It's the latest craze.

It started when there weren't any recent threads available.

People had to start trawling the archive, with the result that we got some ancient things revived which would have been better left to rot !

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:06 pm

I voted for the Roc-King Rebel.

But they all deserve that title. Except for Carolyn for obvious reasons.

I'm surprised though, that both Tom of North Carolina and Pete Duke got so few votes.

Colin

You're also still ahead on age.

Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:17 pm

Torben -

You wrote:
Colin - You're also still ahead on age.

Even on that score, I suspect that I'm beaten by:

Jake
KiwiAlan
KEV

But as someone said, we can do without these polls.

Posting here is just a bit of fun, right ?

[You wouldn't say that if you were winning - The Management]