Off Topic Messages

Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:35 pm

Christmas 1981. One of 27 paintings of John Lennon that I did that year due to the amount of fans he had locally.

Two were stolen from The Unicorn pub Salford UK :(

John was a mass of contradictions like the rest of us............ only his were publicised! The man was at least searching..............and we must admire him for that.

We have all his albums. John wrote some great songs. Nice to see him remembered world-wide.............he was a life-long Elvis fan.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:33 pm

drjohncrapenter wrote:How low can you go?

How's this: crawl back in that bongwater-lubricated Woodstock womb from whence you came.

drjohncrapenter wrote:On the other hand, Surfcat knows what he's talking about.

No he doesn't.

He didn't have a fooking clue what the song was about and made that quite clear earlier on this thread,
and Surfcat was also stubbornly ignorant about the Elvis-not-liking-gays-he-encountered 1959-63.

The boy has alot about Elvis to learn.

But Surfcat right - Doc say so!
:lol:

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:38 pm

You're already on record as judging a man's character by the length of his hair. Elvis had problems with guys like you back in Humes High- they didnt like the length of HIS hair either. Fortunately Red West was there to help.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:41 pm

"Get your hair out of your eyes, boy"

- Elvis, Burbank 1968
a comment to some moptop dude in the audience

Elvis has issues with a man's hair length.

- read and learn surfy! study study

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:51 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:"Get your hair out of your eyes, boy"

- Elvis, Burbank 1968

Elvis has issues with a man's hair length.

- read and learn surfy! study study

I thought Elvis was talking to himself.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:02 pm

TJ,

there was a moptop in the audience.

but I respectfully digress...

maybe Elvis was talking about his own hair....

but....

with the unmistakenable hint of southern drawl in which he made the comment,
could mean that Elvis did not cotton to the idea of any man having his hair down in his eyes.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:25 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:Elvis has issues with a man's hair length.

Hmmm. I have never heard that before. It's interesting because Elvis actually kept his hair very long himself in the '70s.

By the way, GG. How do you feel about the fact that EP wore make-up, dyed his hair and dressed like a pimp?

Keith Richards, JR.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:39 pm

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:By the way, GG. How do you feel about the fact that EP wore make-up, dyed his hair and dressed like a pimp?

Keith Richards, JR.

:lol:

That long hair wasn't down in his face like a hippie.

- I am against Elvis dying his hair black so much for so long.
He should've remained the blond that Nature made him.

Dye isn't good for the scalp or the follicles after long periods of use.

And why the black dye jobs at all?

Allegedly to look like Tony Curtis.

Huh! Tony Curtis was a has-been by the late 60s - Elvis had longer staying power and drawing power than Tony Curtis had, and today that guy would be lucky to get inside the Playboy mansion...
Let me in..I'm an old school Hef buddy. Remember me? Tony?

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:49 pm

Have you lost your mind GG????? Always arugeing with everyone...... AND blatantly disregarding FECC rules about flaming out other posters..... I'm no Doc Caparpenter fan, but you have way crossed the lines set forth by FECC....... sadly they had to delete one to the threads(this past weekend) you & geneO went overboard on in this regard............

.....your first post on this thread is offencive.... so you did start the BS on here not Carpenter.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Dec 12, 2005 6:52 pm

JEFF d wrote:.....your first post on this thread is offencive.... so you did start the BS on here not Carpenter.

my first post on this thread? It was a post with 2 pix of early John lennon

how is that offensive?

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:04 pm

Its offencive because how would you like it if you went to a Beatles message board and they posted a picture of Elvis as a child on the anniversary of his death....... and said something along the lines of "a cautionary tale of what could happen to you at age 42...." or some such bulls.hit........

........you don't understand it I know, nor would I expect you to reading from the posts you have made the last week or so.......

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:13 pm

gimme a break Jeff - this isn't a Beatle messagboard period.

and any pic of JL will suffice in regards to remembering the guy on his death anniversary

or are you stipulating a requirement that only a 1980 photo can be allowed for illustration?

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:25 pm

Like I said... you wouldn't understand..... I meant that ie as if you visited a Beatles messageboard on the anniversary of Elvis' death.

....frankly you are just as annoying as Doc of late, thinking you know everything about ELVIS and Rock and Roll related, as good ol Doc.....

.....and it is quite disturbing that you actually think that the song Night Rider is some sublimnal KKK song or something!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:38 pm

JEFF d wrote:.....and it is quite disturbing that you actually think that the song Night Rider is some sublimnal KKK song or something!

I don't think that - YOU JUST WROTE THAT.

Not me. YOU WROTE THAT.

How's this:

It's disturbing that Jeff thinks....._________ (fill in the blank).

Now, how'd you like someone to made a claim about something you think.

Word-twister.

Let's word-twist again like we did last summer....

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:45 pm

Jeff, I guess in Genesim's absense I'm supposed to spar with you?

:roll:

to address something you said earlier about cautionary tale...

Yeh, Elvis' life and career is a cautionary tale:

1. Don't let a manager take 50% of your earnings nor keep you from touring abroad.

2. Don't make 28 films in one decade - the sheer volume won't be appreciated by the film industry, nor the media nor the critics.

3. Don't allow your 1956-1961 concerts and home recordings to be crappy inferior audio - or not recorded at all (your label is the electronics giant RC-f**kin-A for criiissakes!)

4. Don't obsess over jailbait you met in Germany - she won't stick around for the long haul.

5. Don't shovel pills into your gullet for years or you could/will die too young.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 9:16 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:
JEFF d wrote:.....and it is quite disturbing that you actually think that the song Night Rider is some sublimnal KKK song or something!

I don't think that

You've certainly changed your tune! You're learning. Glad I was able to educate ya :wink:

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:20 pm

Re: The Murder of John Lennon

KHoots wrote:I was watching "Monday Night Football" on television when Howard Cosell made the announcement. I had just rekindled my appreciation of the Beatles with the release of "Double Fantasy," so the news hit me kind of hard.

He was a unique character and very talented.

RIP, John.

I was trying to sleep and heard that very same news from Cosell come from the TV downstairs.I put on now-long gone WNBC-AM and WABC in New York on my transistor radio and was very sad to hear this. My mother had gotten his '50s/ Elvis-influenced single "Starting Over" that very week. It was very shocking and I was quite sad about it, to my surprise actually. I liked the Beatles and liked his solo hits but wasn't a huge fan. But any fan of the rock era had to be crushed and I was.

It was the fact that a deranged "fan" would do this that shocked me. And that eerie photo of him with Lennon...!

Being just three years after Elvis' death, I think it was the next great shocker to me, followed by the '81 attempts on the lives of the Pope and Reagan. But to try - and succeed - to kill a man who brought music and joy to people was just so sad.

By the way, I was sorry to find myself watching Chapman interviewed by Barbera Walters on ABC this week, which may have been old footage. I really don't care what he thinks and hearing him repeat "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry" is just disgusting to broadcast. There was nothing gained but sensationalism and advertising revenue.

P.S. I just read the whole thread and now think maybe I should have left it alone. Why all the negativity? Gardener, I like having you aboard here but can you tone it down a little? Make your point and move on as Rob said. And now I see you're taking on Santa Claus? Dude, take a vacation!

P.P.S. No memorials for "Dimebag"? It's been a year.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:52 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:
He didn't have a fooking clue what the song was about and made that quite clear earlier on this thread

Er, yes I do and no I didn't. But keep diggin' boy.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:39 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:"Get your hair out of your eyes, boy"

- Elvis, Burbank 1968

You needn't post your ignorant comments in bold, most everything falls into that category.

DJC

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:12 am

That's Elvis Presley's comment.

Are you saying it's his "ignorant comment"

?

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:51 am

FECC needs a separate section lkie "Reviews" or "Trade Center" where GG and DJC can duke it out sans Elvis content. :lol: :smt062

Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:07 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:For a term like 'night rider' to be bandied about in 1960-63 era,
it's most likely due to its KKK origin.

This is what I was refering to that you wrote GG, one would think that if one came to this conclusion, that they would believe this.... :smt102

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:09 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:Let's word-twist again like we did last summer....

Lets not OK!! :smt030

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:47 am

to get away from all this bickering, i watched 'GIMME SOME TRUTH: THE MAKING OF JOHN LENNON'S IMAGINE ALBUM. he's a bit of a rude man! he treated his musicians and engineers like sh*t!
but i could'nt get over how creative and genius this man was, he truly was gifted
but Yoko Ono, god!
and he wrote a song bout her, he really had to be head over heels with her

weird :?

Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:57 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote: ... he's a bit of a rude man! he treated his musicians and engineers like sh*t!

This must be why every musician, engineer and record label fell all over themselves trying to curry his favor when he returned to the record business in 1980.

DJC