Off Topic Messages

Colin, you missed Roy!

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:53 am

Roy Orbison died on Dec. 6, 1988. Colin, aren't you the one that keeps track of these things? I assumed you had a calendar with it all marked. Well, I saw an Orbison double documentary - Black and White Night and Roy in Australia yesterday. Our computer was down (again) so I couldn't post this until now. Roy had an amazing voice, but I didn't realize until listening to his Australian concert that Elvis' voice was far superior. I compared his "Sweet Caroline" and "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" which they both sang and Elvis' was definitely better. Roy, however, was enormously talented and was another that went way too soon!
sue

BTW, you're not intending to do this again tomorrow are you? (It is probably already tomorrow in the UK - Dec. 8th.)

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:34 am

Elvis was a fan of Roy's too.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:51 am

Yes, Elvis was a huge fan of Roy's.
sue

Re: Colin, you missed Roy!

Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:34 pm

silver wrote:Roy Orbison died on Dec. 6, 1988. Colin, aren't you the one that keeps track of these things? sue

Not really.

I sometimes mention birth & death anniversaries if there is an Elvis connection.

I was quite a fan of Roy - Only The Lonely and all those great songs !

Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:57 am

How could I forget!!!!???? :? :?

I really like him and would have loved to see him in person.
R.I.P.

Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:10 am

Colin,, this keeps up we are going to have to refer to you as "The Undertaker".. want this job?.. No I thought not :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:12 am

Rusty Martin* wrote:Colin,, this keeps up we are going to have to refer to you as "The Undertaker".. want this job?.. No I thought not :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now just hold on there a minute !

I also report people's birthdays !

People who are still alive I mean.

If there's an Elvis connection.

Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:54 am

Roy's version of "I Drove All Night" was awesome.