Off Topic Messages

Anyone Else Care To Cause A Scene?

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:23 am

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10367598/

Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:31 am

Nope. No B words on an airplane.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:56 pm

I was flying somewhere last year and this college kid in front of me was complaining about the lines and the full body cavity search that we were having to endure. He finally got really pissed and made some comment like "what do you think I have a bomb in my socks". Well let me tell you, there were air marshalls, cops, airport security and two boy scouts coming out of the woodwork and this kid was taken down and away in about 10 seconds. It was almost scary to see how fast they were on him. The last time I saw this guy he was crying like Curtis at a spelling bee.

Tom

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:15 pm

It has to be reassuring that these sky marshels are present but I can't help drawing parrells with the shooting of the innocent man at the time of the London bombing and how the police account of events differed greatly from that of the public.

Sign of the times.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:04 pm

Those Air Marshals acted properly imo. I mean when you have a guy running through an airplane yelling he has a bomb, you just can't stop and ask him or whoever is with him if he has any mental problems or is sensitive to certain things, etc.

I know I feel much safer when I fly knowing the Marshals may be on board.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:36 pm

Complicated man!

A life was lost, but imagine if he really had a bomb. The thoughts at the present time would probably be: better one dead than the all passengers!

People are so paranoic that these things will probably happen again somewhere with the time.

Really sad!!! :x