Off Topic Messages

More TV on DVD News

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:27 pm

Paramount will soon announce full-season DVD releases of JAG, Navy NCIS, Numb3rs, Medium, Wings, the classic Mission: Impossible, Perry Mason, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Phil Silvers Show, The Sentinel, and The Wild Wild West. The 4400: Season Two is also on the way.

Warner has announced that The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. will finally street in Summer 2006.

Finally, look for That Girl on DVD about mid-2006

Tom

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:42 pm

OMG...PERRY MASON!!!!

That has to be one of the greatest tv series in American tv history. Will definitely be forking out the $$$ for that one, plus it's going to be good to see a full season of the Beverly Hillbillies.
:D

Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:04 pm

Finally, it's That Girl!

My (much) better half will be jumping up and down with excitement about that one. She loves that show.

I can't wait to tell her. Thanks, Tom.

Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:12 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:Finally, it's That Girl!

My (much) better half will be jumping up and down with excitement about that one. She loves that show.

I can't wait to tell her. Thanks, Tom.

May 2nd is the rumored release date.

Tom

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:19 am

I'm dying for "The Odd Couple" Tom, any news on that?

Also I noticed you mentioned picking up "Rockford" on your in the basket thread. How are the packaging, extras, image and sound?

Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:54 am

Any news on the following TV shows:

Streets Of San Francisco (my wife has special memories of this show)
The Invaders
The Fugitive (sorry but I keep asking about this one)

jeff R

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:04 am

likethebike wrote:I'm dying for "The Odd Couple" Tom, any news on that?

Also I noticed you mentioned picking up "Rockford" on your in the basket thread. How are the packaging, extras, image and sound?

Jack Klugman has confirmed that The Odd Couple Season 1 DVD will street in early to mid 2006 with some pretty impressive extras. I haven't had the chance to watch any of The Rockford Files as of yet, unfortunately.

Jeffrey,
I have heard no mention of plans for DVD releases of The Streets of San Francisco or The Invaders. That does not mean that it's not in the works, though. There was some talk about The Invaders early last year, but they quickly died.
There have been some pretty frequent rumors at Paramount about an upcoming DVD release of The Fugitive, but nothing is official at this time. That being said, the rumors are coming from somewhere within the studio, so my guess is that there is some merit to them.

Tom

Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:12 am

Thanks Tom. I hope the Odd Couple sells well. It really doesn't start cooking until the second season.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:59 am

Many thanks Tom.
Seems that some of the Quinn / Martin productions are coming out on DVD. So maybe there is hope for the three I mentioned.
As always, keep up the good work relaying to us what to look for.

jeff R