Off Topic Messages

Jenny Wren

Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:26 am

Paul McCartney's new single on par with the best he has done in his entire career. Including what he did with OTHER groups. A classic...IMO.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:46 pm

Yeah it`s a good song, though not quite up there with his best work. I saw him live last year, and it was the best gig i have ever seen.

Re: Jenny Wren

Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:49 pm

JLGB wrote:Paul McCartney's new single on par with the best he has done in his entire career. Including what he did with OTHER groups. A classic...IMO.

On a par with the best he has done in his entire career......That's very debatable- lol.

It just sounds like Blackbird part 2 to me.

I dont personally like his new cd that much.......Nowhere near past albums, too many ballads and not enough bouncers for my liking, Plus he's made the big mistake of playing ALL the instruments himself........Now i'm the worlds biggest Macca fan.......but even i criticise him when he's been a bad boy-lol , no-one...not even Macca can play everything on an album himself.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:15 pm

Well he did it with the Beatles in the ballad of John and Yoko. Lennon only played guitar and Paul the rest including drums. He also played all the instruments in the self titled solo debut album and others. Thanks for replying! :)

Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:56 pm

JLGB.

What i mean is the music can sound sorta one dimensional...which it does on this album......It might as well be called Macca Ballads.

It's well below par compared to some of his better stuff.

Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:06 pm

I'm not to big on Jenny Wren either, but the album as a whole is probably one of his best. Nigel did a good job with this one and it does a pretty good job of erasing "Driving Rain" off of my mind.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:43 am

JLGB wrote:Paul McCartney's new single on par with the best he has done in his entire career. Including what he did with OTHER groups.

Do you know something we don't? When was Paul ever with another group? Were they very popular?

Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:55 am

Rob wrote:
JLGB wrote:Paul McCartney's new single on par with the best he has done in his entire career. Including what he did with OTHER groups.

Do you know something we don't? When was Paul ever with another group? Were they very popular?
I think so. They were named after an insect but misspelled :shock:. Others say it had something to do with a beat. :lol:

Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:27 am

JLGB wrote:
Rob wrote:

I think so. They were named after an insect but misspelled :shock:. Others say it had something to do with a beat. :lol:

Wait PM was in another group BESIDES Wings???