Off Topic Messages

The Chronicles of Narnia

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:47 am

Anybody else looking forward to this film?

Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:56 am

I am looking forward to seeing this film, Pete. Hope the film is faithful to the books but in this day and age, I doubt it. We can hope, though.

jeff R

Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:02 am

Jeff -
I read The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe in high school, but I don't remember much about it. I do recall liking it, and the film's previews look great!

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:26 am

Being a New Zealand movie there has been a lot of publicty here.

It has been captured by the Christian Right in the USA who are setting up special screenings , etc.

The Times newspaper (London) was not very impressed. They mention that it is not as "dark" as a Harry Potter move and noted that with a total absence of blood regardless of the fight scenes the movie looks like it has been "dumbed" down to ensure a General Exhition certificate.

However - due to the lack of quality product this year I expect it will be a huge hit. Not as big as Kong though.

I hope it does succeed as many more in the series are planned which is great for Weta in Wellinton and the shooting crews in Auckland.

Weta has had over 1000 people working on these two movies - they are now deep into Halo.

Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:00 pm

Definately looking forward to The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

Read this many (many) years ago and just been reading this with my 5 year old daughter. Thankfully she sees the magic I did when I first read it.

It has a Parental Guidance here in the UK and I am glad of that so I can take my daughter. You dont need blood and guts for kids to be scared.

Should be good!

Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:55 pm

I can't wait to see this! A great Christmas movie for the kids.

Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:46 pm

It was reported today (BBC radio) that the atmosphere and later scenes are quite black and frightening and they cant quite understand how it only got a PG (Parental Guidance) and the Film director himself said its suited for ages 8+.

O dear tickets are booked and taking my 5 year old daughter on Saturday.

Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:34 am

I saw The Chronicals of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe today, and I'm happy to report that it's quite excellent! A little slow going at first, but when it takes off it really becomes engrossing.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:49 pm

Took the daughter Saturday afternoon and we really enjoyed the movie. She was total enthralled by the whole thing (as was I). I was pleased it was faithful to the book.

Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:17 am

Great movie! Kids loved it and it certainly tooke me back as I read the book thirty years ago. Can't wait for the DVD. 8)