Off Topic Messages

Thank you Senator Leiberman!

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:22 pm

http://www.opinionjournal.com/editorial ... =110007611

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:41 pm

Not an unbiased report by any means:-) I Read stuff like that during the Viet-Nam War.

Israel the only Democratic (APARTHEID) state

Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:01 pm

Thank you, Pete, that was interesting. Congratulations to Senator Leiberman for telling it as he sees it and for having the courage to think for himself and not caving to partisanship as so many Democrats have.

Maurice wrote:
Not an unbiased report by any means:-) I Read stuff like that during the Viet-Nam War.

Not unbiased? Are you suggesting Senator Leiberman has ulterior motives for his report other than reporting the facts? The truth only hurts those who wish to distort the progress we're making in that region.

There's absolutely no comparison between Vietnam and Iraq, other than the same idiots who opposed both are trying to draw comparisons between the two.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:25 pm

EagleUSA, The most powerful country in the area Israel, has learnt, at last, that it cannot invade and dominate it's neighbours, even after "winning" wars.

The new super weapon, the suicide bomber, has changed everything, and now the United States of America is learning another lesson. Sadly the hard way again. Those young soldiers should be at home helping victims of all the recent disasters in the States!

Support for the war is plummeting just about everywhere and the Iraqi Islamic fundementalists are gaining power in their own country. Something they never had under Sadam's cruel rule, backed by American weapons!!!

I am not anti-American by any means. Our trips to the the United States were very enjoyable indeed and all the Americans we spoke to in New York, Washington DC, Memphis and Tupelo etc were really very nice. I know a great many Americans were against the invasion of Iraq.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:19 pm

Just my observatons:

No matter what one's opinions on Iraq, surely it can be agreed that the worst thing to do right now is to just pull out and let things fall where the may..

Also, not sure if we're learning about suicide bombers the "hard way".. is there any other way? I mean, if these people don't want to be found and keep things secret enough, the chances of catching these people before they strike is slim to none... the world is now not so much learning the lesson as they are trying to press on and endure through it.

Or am I making sense only to me? This is just how I see it, hopefully I'm explaining it well enough.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:29 am

JamieAKelley wrote:No matter what one's opinions on Iraq, surely it can be agreed that the worst thing to do right now is to just pull out and let things fall where the may..Or am I making sense only to me?

I wish things were different and we were not there. However, I totally agree with your above comments. It would not be a wise thing to do at this point. We're going to have to finish what we started. Hopefully, sooner than later.

We can train American troups for combat in 6 weeks time, but we haven't been able to train the Iraqi soldiers to protect their own country in nearly 3 years?

What's up with that?

Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:52 pm

Rob,"Finish what you started". Like the Israelis? Don't hold your breath.

Most of the Iraqi police being trained have been blown up by suicide bombers.

Many of the soldiers trained by Americans go AWOL......... with valuable intelligence.

Surrounding countries are supplying the insurgents with suicide bombers and lethal roadside bomb technology.

Do you know the true extent of American casualties dead and wounded? It has been reported on British TV that they are being flown home to the United States in the dead of night!

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:45 pm

EagleUSA wrote:There's absolutely no comparison between Vietnam and Iraq, other than the same idiots who opposed both are trying to draw comparisons between the two.

So, are you suggesting it was the right thing to do to go to war against Vietnam now?? :?

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:48 pm

EagleUSA wrote:There's absolutely no comparison between Vietnam and Iraq, other than the same idiots who opposed both are trying to draw comparisons between the two.

MB280E wrote:So, are you suggesting it was the right thing to do to go to war against Vietnam now??

If anyone is going to make such a profoundly ignorant suggestion, it's no surprise coming from him.

DJC

Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:53 pm

This would be the 1% of the time when you're wrong, Johnny. :lol:

Whatssamatter...? That's one of the shortest/lamest retorts from you in quite awhile. Can it be that you actually agree with me on this one?

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:36 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:Most of the Iraqi police being trained have been blown up by suicide bombers. Many of the soldiers trained by Americans go AWOL......... with valuable intelligence. Surrounding countries are supplying the insurgents with suicide bombers and lethal roadside bomb technology.

Sounds as if we're still going to be there awhile, doesn't it?

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:43 pm

"Analysis Casts Doubt on Vietnam War Claims
Washington Post - 2 hours ago
By CALVIN WOODWARD. Forty years before the United States invaded Iraq believing Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, it widened a war in Vietnam apparently convinced the enemy had launched an unprovoked attack on two US Navy destroyers. ...
Analysis casts doubt on Vietnam war claims Seattle Post Intelligencer
Vietnam War Intelligence 'Deliberately Skewed,' Secret Study Says"

10 American Soldiers killed http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0, ... 21,00.html

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:45 am

MauriceinIreland wrote:Not an unbiased report by any means:-) I Read stuff like that during the Viet-Nam War.

Hey Maurice.......are you anti-Semitic or just braindead??? :lol:

Isn't Ireland APARTHEID????? Catholics against Protestants and all that???

Nevermind........we know :wink:

No wonder you sympathize with bombers of all stripes........Ireland perfected terrorism.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:55 am

Scatter wrote:
MauriceinIreland wrote:Not an unbiased report by any means:-) I Read stuff like that during the Viet-Nam War.

Hey Maurice.......are you anti-Semitic or just braindead??? :lol:

Isn't Ireland APARTHEID????? Catholics against Protestants and all that???

Nevermind........we know :wink:

Forgive Israel for not embracing Abdul with the bomb strapped to his chest any more than your country did O'Flannery with the bomb strapped to his........

No wonder you sympathize with bombers of all stripes........Ireland perfected terrorism.Seems St Patrick left a few rats in the Emerald Isle after all :wink:

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:26 am

Scatter as usual your mouth left your brain behind.

Maureen my wife of 46 years is Jewish so I guess I'm really anti-semetic.

My family shared a house with Orthodox jews - refugees from the Concentration camps, and we lived in the jewish area of Manchester uk surrounded by Hasidic and reform jews, many of them our friends. In fact my son's best pal for decades is jewish, a very gifted classical guitarist!

I admire the Jewish peoples enormous contribution to world culture and many of the most intelligent jewish authors helped me understand their dilemna.

Nut case Rabbis claiming the "Promised Land" as their God given right to murder Arabs. A poweful Israeli Army armed by the US to police the area. But the nutcase suicide bombers are evening the score.

The Irish have fought a 700 year war. WE are getting rid of the religious bigots on BOTH sides. NOW!

Do try and keep up! LOL.

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:36 am

MauriceinIreland wrote:Scatter as usual your mouth left your brain behind.

Maureen my wife of 46 years is Jewish so I guess I'm really anti-semetic.

My family shared a house with Orthodox jews - refugees from the Concentration camps, and we lived in the jewish area of Manchester uk surrounded by Hasidic and reform jews, many of them our friends. In fact my son's best pal for decades is jewish, a very gifted classical guitarist!

I admire the Jewish peoples enormous contribution to world culture and many of the most intelligent jewish authors helped me understand their dilemna.

Nut case Rabbis claiming the "Promised Land" as their God given right to murder Arabs. A poweful Israeli Army armed by the US to police the area. But the nutcase suicide bombers are evening the score.

The Irish have fought a 700 year war. WE are getting rid of the religious bigots on BOTH sides. NOW!

Do try and keep up! LOL.

You'll recall I asked whether you were anti-Semitic OR braindead. Now we know you're not anti-Semitic. :wink:

Errrrrrrrrr........seems to me as well that the Palestinians are doing the killing. Getting killed in return seems self preservatory for the Israelis.

Had a long walk in Northern Ireland lately???Do take one....... :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:43 am

We have been to the north of Ireland many times, never even heard a gunshot.

Was at the Giant's Causeway just two months ago. I't beautiful.....you can see the coast of Scotland. (Scot means Irish)

Doesn't take much of a brain to counter your puny arguements even if I have brain cells dying from laughter :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:51 am

MauriceinIreland wrote:We have been to the north of Ireland many times, never even heard a gunshot.

How long have you been deaf??

Was at the Giant's Causeway just two months ago. I't beautiful.....you can see the coast of Scotland. (Scot means Irish)

Scotland......now there's a country. Try a swim over.......

Doesn't take much of a brain to counter your puny arguements

Then you are well fitted for the exercise.Brain-dead AND brainwashed. What a nice combo

[color=darkblue]I see the clue store was closed.........you shop quickly. Possibly you need a better job. :wink:

Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:08 pm

From http://www.google.com news
Home > Saturday, Dec 03, 2005 email this print this
Posted on Sat, Dec. 03, 2005

THE U.S. AND IRAQ

Blast shatters rosy forecast

10 Marines die, 11 injured day after Bush gives upbeat assessment

From Wire Reports

BAGHDAD, Iraq — The deadly blast in Fallujah that killed 10 U.S. Marines and wounded 11 others came a day after President Bush sought to convince war-weary Americans that he has a way out of Iraq and offered a stark counterpoint to his claim that U.S. tactics are “bringing us victory” against the insurgents.

The attack demonstrated that insurgents still can land a devastating blow even in a place the Americans considered largely defused. And with Iraq’s parliamentary elections set for Dec. 15, it reinforced an expectation of stepped-up violence aimed at disrupting the vote.

Insurgents detonated a huge roadside bomb fashioned from artillery shells as the Marines patrolled on foot on Fallujah’s outskirts Thursday evening.

The Pentagon withheld the names of the dead pending notification of their families, but said all were members of Regimental Combat Team 8, 2nd Marine Division, 2nd Marine Expeditionary Force.

Maj. Cliff W. Gilmore, a spokesman at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina, said the Marines probably came from hometowns across the country rather than from one area.

Seven of the wounded have returned to duty, the military said.

Thursday’s attack was the most lethal assault on American forces since a roadside bomb killed 14 Marines aboard a personnel carrier Aug. 3 near Haditha in western Iraq.

Then Friday, three U.S. soldiers from the 48th Brigade Combat Team died in a traffic accident south of Baghdad.

The latest U.S. casualties — which pushed the death toll in the war to at least 2,124 — come at a difficult time for the Bush administration.

The president is reeling from the lowest poll numbers since taking office, and American disapproval of the war has spiked. The Bush administration also has been buffeted with questions about its handling of the war.

The Fallujah attack signified the difficulty U.S. troops face even as they try to implement the strategy Bush laid out in Wednesday’s speech at the U.S. Naval Academy in which he outlined his plan for victory in Iraq.

The president said U.S. troops would withdraw gradually to safer positions as Iraqi security forces took the lead in fighting the insurgents. Once Iraqi forces grow strong enough, Americans can start coming home, he said.

But in a war with no front lines, even places that appear safe for U.S. forces can be anything but. Also, there was no indication that Iraqi forces accompanied the Marines on Thursday.

Fallujah, about 40 miles west of Baghdad, became a symbol of America’s early failings in the war when Islamic militants held the town for much of 2004, turning it into a control center for terrorist kidnappings and car bombings throughout the region.

U.S. forces overran the city in November 2004 in intense urban combat. Since then, the U.S. military and the Iraqi government have been working to rebuild Fallujah and limit the return of insurgents, many of whom moved into nearby towns and villages outside the security cordon.

While the city has been relatively peaceful, anti-American sentiment and frustration with the Iraqi government remains high among Fallujah residents.
Knight Ridder Newspapers, the Los Angeles Times, Newsday and The Associated Press contributed.

The South Vietnamese army was relied on too..................remember. :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:16 pm

You would been putty in Goebel's hands. Silly Putty at that :lol:

Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:31 pm

Just passing on the American newspaper news to you.

Of course we get the Bad news from Iraq far quicker and in far more depth. Because as adults we can handle it.

Scatter, You are the GULLIBLE little boy believing in fairyland in the sky :lol: