Off Topic Messages

George Michael to be married

Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:03 am

I just read where George Michael and his partner are planning to make their relationship official.

How do you all feel about that? It might make for an interesting discussion, don't you think? :wink:

Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:09 am

I can't believe those two homosexuals are getting married! Don't they know that in the bible it clearly states that.............


Why am I having Deja Vu?

Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:53 am

If this is true I hope George has the same foresight as Elton to get a pre-nup drawn up or he could find himself paying a several million $$ lump sum, maintenance and pet support for the rest of his life. You also need to decide who gets to keep the Doris Day videos. :wink:

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:00 am

Delboy wrote:You also need to decide who gets to keep the Doris Day videos.


Now, THAT was a good one!

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:50 am

You guys are really facinated to death about the gay thing........lol

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:59 am

Here we go again. Should I post what I think about it? :twisted:

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:52 am

Renan wrote:Here we go again. Should I post what I think about it? :twisted:


yes!


8)

Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:36 pm

sam wrote:
Renan wrote:Here we go again. Should I post what I think about it? :twisted:


yes!


8)


:D

I hope he is happy marrying his love but God will not be happy. It´s against the Bible and God words.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:38 pm

Renan wrote:I hope he is happy marrying his love but God will not be happy. It´s against the Bible and God words.


God didn't write the bible, men did. God has so far never been known to write a book or speak.

Jules

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:11 pm

Maybe this will keep Georgie from frequenting those rest stop men's rooms.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:15 pm

I heard yesterday that it was Elton John and some dude who
were getting "married."

A right wing radio host was fuming recently that President George Bush
let John and his spouse-to-be sleep at the Lincoln bedroom recently.
So much for playing to his conservative base.


Any truth to that? :shock: :lol:

Image
Image

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:18 pm

I don't think that story is true, although Elton was there to consult about redecorating the room.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:27 pm

I just got a copy of the bridal registry, and I already nabbed the power lube for the happy couple.

Butt plugs are still avaiable.

Image

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:37 pm

familyjules wrote:
Renan wrote:I hope he is happy marrying his love but God will not be happy. It´s against the Bible and God words.


God didn't write the bible, men did. God has so far never been known to write a book or speak.

Jules


You are absolutely right. The apostles wrote God words for all men in the world to be aware that the salvation will come through His name.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:38 pm

You guys and your blatant homophobia. :roll:

Tom

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:41 pm

Renan wrote:You are absolutely right. The apostles wrote God words for all men in the world to be aware that the salvation will come through His name.


How do you know they were God's own words? You've only got their word for that. Isn't that akin to trusting a politician? Not to mention all the terrible translation mistakes which occured by the time the Bible was translated into English.

Nope, I'm sorry, the Bible is too fallible - there's no way that it carries the word of God. It carries the thoughts, opinions and memories of the men who wrote it, poorly translated into English, and as such is untrustworthy.

Cracking good read though!

Jules

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:42 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:You guys and your blatant homophobia. :roll:

Tom


Exactly, Tom. It just shows intolerance, prejudice and outright fear. You need some understanding, not religious dogma or schoolboy humour.

:(

Jules

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:45 pm

familyjules wrote:
Renan wrote:You are absolutely right. The apostles wrote God words for all men in the world to be aware that the salvation will come through His name.


How do you know they were God's own words? You've only got their word for that. Isn't that akin to trusting a politician? Not to mention all the terrible translation mistakes which occured by the time the Bible was translated into English.

Nope, I'm sorry, the Bible is too fallible - there's no way that it carries the word of God. It carries the thoughts, opinions and memories of the men who wrote it, poorly translated into English, and as such is untrustworthy.

Cracking good read though!

Jules


Believe who wants. It´s been said for more than 2.000 years this: "Happy is the man who believes without seeing!".
Open your eyes! God is terribly sad with men from all part of the world. God loves each person and the world still have time to regret of all sins.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:54 pm

Renan wrote:Open your eyes! God is terribly sad with men from all part of the world. God loves each person and the world still have time to regret of all sins.


If there is a creator I doubt very much that it/he/she has emotions like sadness. The notion of a human-like God with a conscious mind who takes an active interest in all of our lives is pretty far fetched!

I also doubt it would think it terms of "sin" which is clearly an invention of humankind, riddled as it is with feelings of guilt.

I suggest casting off guilt and notions of sin, and just living, loving, being real and having an open heart and an enquiring mind.

And yes maybe considering the possibility of a God that not even you, Renan, can truly understand, label, define or describe!

Peace and love,

Jules

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:04 pm

I think the word "homophobia" suggests a fear of homo's. I can't speak for everyone, but I don't fear them. I just find their behavior amusing and sort of gross.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:04 pm

Well, Jules, we could discuss the pros and cons
of this all day as it's already off to a cartoonish start with the lubricant photo.

So I won't keep this discussion going, Jules...but I could. :wink:

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:08 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Well, Jules, we could discuss the pros and cons
of this all day as it's already off to a cartoonish start with the lubricant photo.

So I won't keep this discussion going, Jules...but I could. :wink:


Maybe we should stick to Elvis, huh?

8)

Jules

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:12 pm

You got yourself a deal. Well see you over there, and that goes
for TCB Ted, too.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:23 pm

familyjules wrote:If there is a creator I doubt very much that it/he/she has emotions like sadness. The notion of a human-like God with a conscious mind who takes an active interest in all of our lives is pretty far fetched!


Don´t doubt it. God created me and you and every person. God promised the eternal heaven also for you. me and every person. But what a good part of the world is doing now? Ignoring their origins. Each day it passes you can see with your eyes that this world needs love and peace. Only God will do that for you, me and every person.
Or do you think this is all accident??


familyjules wrote:I also doubt it would think it terms of "sin" which is clearly an invention of humankind, riddled as it is with feelings of guilt.

The world is suggesting people to believe that the "sins" we think it is a normal thing today is not a sin.

familyjules wrote:And yes maybe considering the possibility of a God that not even you, Renan, can truly understand, label, define or describe!


Don´t fool yourself. I do understand God. If the world could follow His words it wouldn´t be the way it is. But as you see people each time more are inclined to believe God doesn´t exist! And look this: war, hungry people, corruption.......all that God don´t want for us.

familyjules wrote:Peace and love,


That´s what God wishes for all his sons!

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:27 pm

Renan wrote:Don´t doubt it. God created me and you and every person. God promised the eternal heaven also for you. me and every person.


I don't accept this as the truth, it's just your opinion.


I do understand God.


How very presumptuous of you.

:roll:

Jules