Off Topic Messages

Laptop with no sound....

Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:39 pm

Can any of you computer wizzards on here help me out....I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Laptop, the sound was fading yesterday and today not a peep out of it, not even when I log on..I`ve checked all the settings and they appear ok....so is there something I`ve blown?

Any (clean) suggestions would help..Thanks :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:25 pm

Rusty

During start-up it may be possible to find a screen that offers to let you start-up in "Safe Mode". If you can get to that it will offer offer you the option of starting up in "last known good configuration".

This might help - but I am speaking as one who doesn't understand a thing about megabytes and wibblywobbly's or wahtever it is that makes a PC run.

I'm still trying to work why upgrading from Windows 2000 to XP has destroyed my CD writing software/hardware.

Hope this helps & good luck

Geoff

Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:02 pm

You could try system restore to an earlier date and see if it works then.

8)

Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:07 pm

Thanks Guys.....for the suggestions.....I`ve managed to get it back by going into the BIOS and sorting it from there....had me worried for a while, there`s a heck of a lot of Elvis sitting in this pc..lol :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:15 pm

You go girl!

You obviously know more than I do. Glad you got it sorted.

Best wishes

Geoff

Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:46 pm

sometimes if you roll back the audio driver, it will suddenly work. sometimes if you download too many drivers, the sound will stop working altogether. this happens with video drivers as well. if that happens, dump a few drivers, or roll back the driver.

i know, it's quite annoying.