Off Topic Messages

Pat Morita Has Died

Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:42 am

Pat Morita, best known as the sage Mr. Myagi in the Karate Kid films, has passed away from natural causes. He was 73. RIP.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:15 am

R.I.P "Arnold", and thanks for the memories.

Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:06 am

aw, this news sux ass big time :!:

as a kid, I loved Pat as the wild laffin krazy arnold on Happy Days, but it wasn't until I saw him in the Karate Kid films, that I started to appreciate his acting ability and off the cuff humor.

R.I.P

Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:30 pm

That sucks. Perhaps because he rose to fame a little later than many in his generation, I thought he'd have at least a few more years left in the can. He was an actor of intelligence, humor and dignity and he will be missed.

Re: Pat Morita Has Died

Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:32 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Pat Morita, best known as the sage Mr. Myagi in the Karate Kid films, has passed away from natural causes. He was 73. RIP.

Natural causes at 73? Any word on the specifics of how he passed? Heart attack?

Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:05 am

We will miss you, Pat. I really liked Honeymoon in Vegas, that had the Flying Elvi!! I know! Most of the board members don't like Elvis impersonators, but I liked the Flying Elvi!! You were good in that. Now you are with the real Elvis, instead of the impersonators. R.I.P.
sue

Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:11 pm

R.I.P.

Re: Pat Morita Has Died

Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:26 pm

elvis-fan wrote:Natural causes at 73? Any word on the specifics of how he passed? Heart attack?

All I heard on the news was "natural causes".

Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:21 pm

"natural causes"...

Thats what was in my local paper as well...Happy days,first time i remember seeing him on the screen,was on that tv show.

R.I.P.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:22 pm

I heard that he was waiting on a liver transplant.

So liver failure would be my guess.

RKS

Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:09 am

I just watched Karate Kid not to long ago... RIP

JEFF d
Elvis fan