Off Topic Messages

Elton John to be married

Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:30 am

Seems Elton John will be marrying his longtime male lover on December 21st.
Immorality is rampant!!

jeff R

Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:34 am

Well, Carolyn, I am a man and married to a woman and am very, very happy.

A man marrying another man or a woman marrying another woman is immoral and against God's wishes.

I think making God happy is more important than anything. If anyone reads the Bible or listen to God's words, they will know that God detests homosexuality.

jeff R

Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:39 am

I would say that a man who cheats on his wife is greatly more immoral than an honest gay relationship.

Yes, that means, in my opinion and on this issue, Elvis was far more immoral than Elton John (providing Elton doesn't cheat). Doesn't make Elvis (or Elton) less brilliant.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:42 am

They should be content that they live in a society that tolerates their relationship and leave it at that. The marriage thing is taking it too far. The next step (as has already happened) is same sex adoption for two men, and in the case if two women a sperm donor.

After the 'wedding' all the luvvies will be lining up to tell them how lovely the service was etc. Pathetic!

Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:50 am

jeffreyjames wrote:... or listen to God's words, they will know that God detests homosexuality.

jeff R

I haven't heard him speak in a while... what does he sound like?
BTW, I don't remember the number of the commandment that states "no person shall have sex with another person of the same sex"...
Also, I've never read anything in the bible that specifically relates to God telling people who they should have sex with... it has been a while but I don't remember reading anything like that... but I could be wrong...

Elton john

Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:59 am

...Jeff, we laugh at your President , and your god can take a hike if thats his opinion on gays.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:03 am

Jeff...your on a wind up :?: :roll:

Re: Elton John to be married

Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:18 am

jeffreyjames wrote:Seems Elton John will be marrying his longtime male lover on December 21st.
Immorality is rampant!!

jeff R

If it makes Elton happy then fair play to him, maybe i am just more tolerant and less bigoted than you.

jeffreyjames wrote:Well, Carolyn, I am a man and married to a woman and am very, very happy.

A man marrying another man or a woman marrying another woman is immoral and against God's wishes.

I think making God happy is more important than anything. If anyone reads the Bible or listen to God's words, they will know that God detests homosexuality.

jeff R

As opposed to the Holy church that defended child molesters for years and continues to do so.

Does he detest the Priests & Nuns that tortured & abused thousands of children in Ireland and other countries for many many years. Does he detest the Bishops, Cardinals & Popes that covered it up.

You left this mb awhile back, care to do so again??

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:01 pm

Jeff -

If what you say is any example, it's no surprise that religion has gone out of fashion.

The bible and its teachings are totally unable to cope with modern day circumstances.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:55 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:Seems Elton John will be marrying his longtime male lover on December 21st.
Immorality is rampant!!

jeff R

This the world today! Each day it passes the worst it is.

I´m against gays as I already said in other topic but sure not against to be friends. I have friends that are gay and no problems but they know my opinion that I´m completely against.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:03 pm

Renan wrote:I´m against gays as I already said in other topic but sure not against to be friends. I have friends that are gay and no problems but they know my opinion that I´m completely against.

Live and let live Renan - a person is entitled to live their life as they see fit as long as they don't trample others underfooot in the process.

I can't understand why anyone would feel they had the right to judge another person's sexuality.

Like Elvis sang - Clean Up Your Own Backyard, you tend to your business, I'll tend to mind....

8)

Jules

Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:07 pm

familyjules wrote:
Renan wrote:I´m against gays as I already said in other topic but sure not against to be friends. I have friends that are gay and no problems but they know my opinion that I´m completely against.

Live and let live Renan - a person is entitled to live their life as they see fit as long as they don't trample others underfooot in the process.

I can't understand why anyone would feel they had the right to judge another person's sexuality.

Like Elvis sang - Clean Up Your Own Backyard, you tend to your business, I'll tend to mind....

8)

Jules

This what I do.....it´s their fuc*ing problem but it is wrong. Just a point of view.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:09 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:I think making God happy is more important than anything. If anyone reads the Bible or listen to God's words, they will know that God detests homosexuality.

jeff R

The Bible doesn't merely suggest that God detests homosexuality. It goes further than that by saying that homosexuals should be put to death...

“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)

Do you agree with that too?

Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:19 pm

Renan wrote:This what I do.....it´s their fuc*ing problem but it is wrong. Just a point of view.

How DARE you insist somebody else is "WRONG"! What gives YOU that right?

Unbelievable!

:x

Jules

Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:57 pm

familyjules wrote:
Renan wrote:This what I do.....it´s their fuc*ing problem but it is wrong. Just a point of view.

How DARE you insist somebody else is "WRONG"! What gives YOU that right?

Unbelievable!

:x

Jules

How DARE you say I´m wrong??

You see? What´s the difference now? :wink:
If you have an opinion I respect as I have mine. Simple isn´t it?

Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:05 pm

My position on gays is one of 'live & let live'.

It isn't 'wrong' from a moral viewpoint.

But it isn't 'normal' behaviour either !

The 'normal' or 'natural' thing is for a relationship between a man & a woman.

Same sex relationships are not natural in that sense.

Doesn't mean the participants are sinful or evil, or lesser humans.

Just a little different from the rest of us.

And we are all different in one way or another.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:14 pm

Renan wrote:How DARE you say I´m wrong??

You see? What´s the difference now? :wink:
If you have an opinion I respect as I have mine. Simple isn´t it?

But I didn't say you were wrong.

I do however think you are misguided.

Jules

Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:18 pm

Calm down people! You’re concentrating on the moral rights and wrongs of same-sex marriages and ignoring the issue at hand. Two of the most famous carpet-munchers in the world are getting married and we haven’t got them a gift! I’ve drawn up a shortlist…..

1. Will & Grace DVD Box-set
2. Bottle of PIMS
3. Pair of bite-proof pillows
4. Set of pink scatter cushions
5. Hamster and ball of string
6. Years supply of Vaseline [Perhaps not, that’s the gay marriage equivalent of a toaster]
7. The complete works of Barbara Cartland
8. Afternoon tea with Bernard Manning
9. All expenses paid trip to Saudi Arabia

:twisted: :wink:

Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:00 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:Well, Carolyn, I am a man and married to a woman and am very, very happy.

jeff R
I don't believe....play it friendly LOUD!

Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:39 pm

Hey Delboy, you seem to know an awful lot about this kind of thing...... :wink:

Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:45 pm

The Doc told me............read and learn! :D

Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:48 pm

The Doc eh ? Always thought he had the finger of fudge about him.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:12 pm

I would say that a man who cheats on his wife is greatly more immoral than an honest gay relationship. - Joe Roberts

"I would say that they both are wrong. Neither are worse than the other but one is detestible to God"

I ask you, who is he hurting? anyone? We all have our views on gay marriages or gay partnerships, and thats a personal thing, but who is it hurting...... - Carolyn

"Again, Carolyn, he is hurting God! Isn't God someone? Doesn't God matter?"

I've never read anything in the bible that specifically relates to God telling people who they should have sex with... - Elvis-Fan

" Then you should go back and read it because it is in many, many places in the Bible"

your god can take a hike if thats his opinion on gays. - Tallhair

"I really feel bad for people who think like you"

Jeff...your on a wind up - Iamhekev

"Yes, I guess I am right now"

As I have stated, EJ is not hurting anyone - Carolyn

"Again he is hurting God. What part of hurting God don't you get?"

I would like to see you meet a person, get to know them, and find out after a while that they are gay.....what would you do? How would you feel if someone you had as a family friend found out that their child was gay? - Carolyn

"I have known many gays in my life as I do now. I don't hate gay people. If they have those problems with the same sex which I believe is learned behavior, they don't have to act on it. They can use self control and not actively pursue this form of sex. They can masterbate if they feel sexual. They don't need to do it with another person of the same sex."

maybe i am just more tolerant and less bigoted than you. - Promo Collector

"since when is being against same-sex marriage a bigot?"

You left this mb awhile back, care to do so again?? - Promo Collector

"It's been years since I left this messageboard. You have a good memory. If you don't care for what I say, don't read it. I don't read many, many posts on this messageboard."

The bible and its teachings are totally unable to cope with modern day circumstances - Colin B

"I think that is the exact opposite of the truth. The Bible and its teachings is the only way"

The Bible doesn't merely suggest that God detests homosexuality. It goes further than that by saying that homosexuals should be put to death...
“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.” (Leviticus 20:13)
Do you agree with that too? - TJ

"homosexuals will surely be put to death. They will have a lifetime in Hell unless they change their ways and ask for forgiveness."

It isn't 'wrong' from a moral viewpoint - Colin B

"it is wrong from a moral standpoint. Homosexuality is not moral"

jeff R

Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:20 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:I would say that a man who cheats on his wife is greatly more immoral than an honest gay relationship. - Joe Roberts

"I would say that they both are wrong. Neither are worse than the other but one is detestible to God"

I ask you, who is he hurting? anyone? We all have our views on gay marriages or gay partnerships, and thats a personal thing, but who is it hurting...... - Carolyn

"Again, Carolyn, he is hurting God! Isn't God someone? Doesn't God matter?"

I've never read anything in the bible that specifically relates to God telling people who they should have sex with... - Elvis-Fan

" Then you should go back and read it because it is in many, many places in the Bible"

your god can take a hike if thats his opinion on gays. - Tallhair

"I really feel bad for people who think like you"

Jeff...your on a wind up - Iamhekev

"Yes, I guess I am right now"

As I have stated, EJ is not hurting anyone - Carolyn

"Again he is hurting God. What part of hurting God don't you get?"

I would like to see you meet a person, get to know them, and find out after a while that they are gay.....what would you do? How would you feel if someone you had as a family friend found out that their child was gay? - Carolyn

"I have known many gays in my life as I do now. I don't hate gay people. If they have those problems with the same sex which I believe is learned behavior, they don't have to act on it. They can use self control and not actively pursue this form of sex. They can masterbate if they feel sexual. They don't need to do it with another person of the same sex."

maybe i am just more tolerant and less bigoted than you. - Promo Collector

"since when is being against same-sex marriage a bigot?"

You left this mb awhile back, care to do so again?? - Promo Collector

"It's been years since I left this messageboard. You have a good memory. If you don't care for what I say, don't read it. I don't read many, many posts on this messageboard."

The bible and its teachings are totally unable to cope with modern day circumstances - Colin B

"I think that is the exact opposite of the truth. The Bible and its teachings is the only way"

Do you agree with that too? - TJ

"homosexuals will surely be put to death. They will have a lifetime in Hell unless they change their ways and ask for forgiveness."

It isn't 'wrong' from a moral viewpoint - Colin B

"it is wrong from a moral standpoint. Homosexuality is not moral"

jeff R

Ahh, religious zealots, bigots and 'experts' - don'tcha just love 'em?!

:( :roll: :smt078

Jules

Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:23 pm

I am not a religious zealot, bigot or expert. I'm just speaking my mind and what I've learned from God's word not from what today's society says. The Lord's word is everlasting. I believe that.

jeff R