Off Topic Messages

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:28 pm

To all my fellow American's, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!! See you kids on Monday!!

Tom

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:35 pm

Right back at you, Pal.

For all of you who are travelling this weekend, stay safe. We don't want to lose anybody (well, not that way anyhow.)

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:52 pm

Thanks, and same to you Tom.

Hope you enjoy your "wild turkey." :D

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:41 pm

Thanks Tom,

Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's this year's proclamation:

Thanksgiving Day, 2005
A Proclamation by the President of the United States of America

Thanksgiving 2005

Thanksgiving Day is a time to remember our many blessings and to celebrate the opportunities that freedom affords. Explorers and settlers arriving in this land often gave thanks for the extraordinary plenty they found. And today, we remain grateful to live in a country of liberty and abundance. We give thanks for the love of family and friends, and we ask God to continue to watch over America.

This Thanksgiving, we pray and express thanks for the men and women who work to keep America safe and secure. Members of our Armed Forces, State and local law enforcement, and first responders embody our Nation's highest ideals of courage and devotion to duty. Our country is grateful for their service and for the support and sacrifice of their families. We ask God's special blessings on those who have lost loved ones in the line of duty.

We also remember those affected by the destruction of natural disasters. Their tremendous determination to recover their emplifies the American spirit, and we are grateful for those across our Nation who answered the cries of their neighbors in need and provided them with food, shelter, and a helping hand. We ask for continued strength and perseverance as we work to rebuild these communities and return hope to our citizens.

We give thanks to live in a country where freedom reigns, justice prevails, and hope prospers. We recognize that America is a better place when we answer the universal call to love a neighbor and help those in need. May God bless and guide the United States of America as we move forward.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Thursday, November 24, 2005, as a National Day of Thanksgiving. I encourage all Americans to gather together in their homes and places of worship with family, friends, and loved ones to reinforce the ties that bind us and give thanks for the freedoms and many blessings we enjoy.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this eighteenth day of November, in the year of our Lord two thousand five, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirtieth.

GEORGE W. BUSH

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:43 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:15 am

Happy Thanksgiving! May God Bless You!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:18 am

Likewise!
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:23 am

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:20 am

Roger that, Houston. Have a Happy Gobbler day...

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:36 am

A big shout out to all my Elvis brothaz and sistaz for a Safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING :!: :!: :!:

Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:03 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!!

A day set aside to give thanks to Almighty God!

RKS

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:01 pm

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:13 pm

feliz dia de las gracias...it's true...that's happy thanksgiving in spanish. lol

i won't be eating turkey because i hate poultry, but i will be eating lots of stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, pie, etc...

we are going to some friends' house, uh...later today (cringes at clock). my mom made a cranberry jello fruity salad thing (yuck) and a waldorf salad to bring over.

i'm bummed about the no tapioca pudding this year. :cry: but i get pie instead.

so yeah...gobble gobble.

ps...the non-stop news about tofurkey, turducken, and turkey friers catching houses on fire is just not getting old. lol

Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:48 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:30 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:feliz dia de las gracias...it's true...that's happy thanksgiving in spanish. lol

Ops it is not ! Feliz dia de accion de gracias !

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:38 pm

Happy thanks giving my cheeky wee monkeys! Be safe.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:41 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. Sit back, chill, enjoy your family, friends and football. Man am I jealous!

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:55 pm

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!

For all our overseas friends who want to join in the fun, grab some turkey, some pumpkin and apple pie, and jump right in - far as we're concerned, you're American for the day. :)

Have a good one!

Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:34 am

Elvis' babe, seek out a good quality turkey next year
and you may change your tune. :wink:

I'd love to know why so many young American women today
buy into vegatarianism - or some form of it.

It's often cast as exercising some kind of restraint.
And then a minute
later they go outside and smoke a cigarette... :? :lol:

It's usually not very well thought out.

Anyway, that's your call and sorry to editorialize.

Have a good one, all.
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:29 am

For once I agree with our president:

This Thanksgiving, we pray and express thanks for the men and women who work to keep America safe and secure. Members of our Armed Forces, State and local law enforcement, and first responders embody our Nation's highest ideals of courage and devotion to duty. Our country is grateful for their service and for the support and sacrifice of their families. We ask God's special blessings on those who have lost loved ones in the line of duty.

We also remember those affected by the destruction of natural disasters. Their tremendous determination to recover their emplifies the American spirit, and we are grateful for those across our Nation who answered the cries of their neighbors in need and provided them with food, shelter, and a helping hand. We ask for continued strength and perseverance as we work to rebuild these communities and return hope to our citizens.

We give thanks to live in a country where freedom reigns, justice prevails, and hope prospers. We recognize that America is a better place when we answer the universal call to love a neighbor and help those in need. May God bless and guide the United States of America as we move forward.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all and to our service men and women in Iraq and all over the world!!
sue

Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:48 am

Joe Car wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. Sit back, chill, enjoy your family, friends and football. Man am I jealous!

Thanks Joe. But if you Canadians had hooked up with us instead of England 200 years or so ago you'd be eating turkey right now! :)

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:04 pm

Pete Dube wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends. Sit back, chill, enjoy your family, friends and football. Man am I jealous!

Thanks Joe. But if you Canadians had hooked up with us instead of England 200 years or so ago you'd be eating turkey right now! :)

I guess there's no reason they can't eat turkey when they want to.

Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:23 pm

Toast me? Taste test shows that I'm better dipped in Chocolate, but that's a story for another day. :shock: :P :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, thanks very much and have a great weekend. :)

Sincerely,
Jamie

*now I've got the Louisiana Hayride "Lucky Strike" ad stuck in my head - "It's toasted to taste better!"*

Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:16 pm

James C. Kenny is the American Ambassdor here in Ireland and he is presently being featured on our national RTE TV at the plush Ambassadors residence in the Phoenix park in Dublin.

Ambassador Kenny says there are more than 100, 000 Americans living in Ireland!

Turkeys have gone missing all over the place. Have a nice day:-)

http://dublin.usembassy.gov/ireland/Residence.html

Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:41 pm

ColinB wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:

I guess there's no reason they can't eat turkey when they want to.

True enough Colin. Just as long as the Canadians haven't retained the English custom of hanging their poultry outside to 'season' for a few days. :wink:

But this is another big difference between us Yanks and you Brits. We kill, stuff, and eat our turkeys. You put yours up in Buckingham Palace!