Off Topic Messages

Dog Day Afternoon/Network SE-DVD's

Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:38 pm

Warner Bros. has announced 2-disc special editions of Dog Day Afternoon and Network will be released on February 28th. Both titles will include anamorphic widescreen video with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras on Dog Day Afternoon will include audio commentary by director Sidney Lumet, the new 4-part The Making of Dog Day Afternoon documentary (featuring The Story, Casting the Controversy, Recreating the Facts and After the Filming), the vintage Lumet: Film Maker featurette and the film's theatrical trailer.

Extras on Network will also include commentary by director Sidney Lumet, along with the 6-part The Making of Network documentary (including The World and Words of Paddy Chayefsky, The Cast and the Characters, Mad As Hell! The Creation of a Movie Moment, The Experience and The Style Network by Walter Cronkite), a vintage interview with Paddy Chayefsky from the Dinah! show, Turner Classic Movies’ Private Screenings featuring Sidney Lumet and the film's theatrical trailer.

Tom

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:12 pm

Any news on the "Streetcar Named Desire" SE mentioned on a link you posted here many months back Tom?

Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:20 pm

ltb,
The only subsequent info I have is that it's still in production. There was a delay on some of the extras (a delay of the good kind) and a release date has yet to be announced. In the meantime, the Director's Cut is outstanding.

Tom

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:57 pm

Both great films. Dog Day Afternoon always seems to be a popular favorite -- I love it, too. But Network has always been high on my list of all-time favorites. Too bad these won't be out in time to make them stocking stuffers.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:39 pm

Peter Finch was never better than in Network, a superb performance.

Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:24 am

Dog Day Afternoon...Great news on that dvd. 8)