Off Topic Messages

New Harry Potter film

Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:43 pm

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is in my opinion the best Potter film so far. But be forewarned: this film is a bit darker than the previous one's, I would not recommend taking small children to see it.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:08 am

I heard in this one, the pre-teen Harry gets in trouble at school for playing with his wand in class! :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:19 am

I don't know about that Jeff, But he does sing a neat song entitled "I Wand You, I Need You, I Love You." :)

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:00 am

Never mind all that, does Hermoine get her kit off ?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:17 am

ColinB wrote:Never mind all that, does Hermoine get her kit off ?

LOLOL!! You'll just have to pay your 10 bucks to see! :wink:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:30 pm

Pete,

I haven't seen any of the previous Potter movies at the cinema but took my kids (6 & 4) to see this one. They both thoroughly enjoyed it, so did I. Accompanied kids should enjoy it. :D

Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:40 pm

Pete -

You wrote:
But be forewarned: this film is a bit darker than the previous one's

They were trying to economise with the studio lighting.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:47 am

ColinB wrote:Pete -

You wrote:
But be forewarned: this film is a bit darker than the previous one's

They were trying to economise with the studio lighting.

:)

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:12 am

Enjoyed them all so far...with the last one being the best - so look foward to seeing the new ones....BTW i would have one heck of a job keeping the kids away. They love the movies and the books :D

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:43 am

I have never seen a Harry Potter film (nor read a HP book)

maybe one day I'll sit and watch them in order I guess.

But in no hurry to.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:49 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:I have never seen a Harry Potter film (nor read a HP book)

maybe one day I'll sit and watch them in order I guess.

But in no hurry to.

Don't bother !

It's all kid's stuff.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:38 am

Excellent film.
This one needs to be seen in the theatre.
It is by far the best of the four films.
I look forward to the Order of the Phoenix... which begins filming in February 2006.
GG, if you are into fantasy at all you should definitely read these books.

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:49 am

This film is getting rave reviews etc in the UK.

LOR rule ok :lol:

Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:48 am

I can see that people here seems to think this film is the best so far...Thats just the "problem". These movies where made for kids. The newest is no movie for kids anymore. In that perspective, I would say it wasnt a "good" movie.
Then again, if you like fantasy movies, and not being a small kid, you will prolly enjoy it to some extent.
It´s not just a small kids movie anymore...Too bad...

Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:33 am

Scarre wrote:I can see that people here seems to think this film is the best so far...Thats just the "problem". These movies where made for kids. The newest is no movie for kids anymore. In that perspective, I would say it wasnt a "good" movie.
Then again, if you like fantasy movies, and not being a small kid, you will prolly enjoy it to some extent.
It´s not just a small kids movie anymore...Too bad...

Keep in mind that Rowling wrote these books for her children... and children grow up... so have the content of her books.
I agree that this is no movie for small children but I knew that going in because I read the book.
Aside from parts missing, it stayed fairly close to the general story of the book.
I thought this new director was a welcome change to compliment the way the story has moved away from the first three.