Off Topic Messages

Johnny Cash is THE Man !!

Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:03 pm

Look at this Amazon top sellers country Music list; (Updated every hour)

Johnny Cash is listed no less then 9 times in the top 25!! Also with the 4 cd box The Legend.

He must be the TOP selling Artist at the moment in Country Music.

Well done Johnny Cash (and his Fans ofcourse) !!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/music/16/ref=pd_ts_m_nav/102-1647586-1587312?ts-parent-id=

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:04 am

Johnny rules.

Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:30 pm

A great man....with great music.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:43 pm

I just read on the AEK Newsgroup that in Johnny's autobiography he claims that he was, in fact, present during the whole of the Million-Dollar-Quartet recording in December, 1956.

His singing failed to make it onto the tape because he was way off mic !

Hmmmmmm .......... interesting.

You'd have thought that we'd hear him chatting at least.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:58 pm

The quartet pieces we have so far are pretty chopped up from what I understand (unless I'm mistaken), so maybe he's somewhere in the parts we still don't have yet. But BMG did find a better source, so maybe we'll finally get the complete version (this being the 50th anniversary and all - maybe FTD?)

Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:10 pm

JamieAKelley wrote:The quartet pieces we have so far are pretty chopped up from what I understand (unless I'm mistaken), so maybe he's somewhere in the parts we still don't have yet. But BMG did find a better source, so maybe we'll finally get the complete version (this being the 50th anniversary and all - maybe FTD?)

Or in the 100th anniversary. :lol:

Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:20 pm

Since watching "Walk The Line" in the theater last week, I have been listening a lot to Johnny's stuff. It has been a real eye-opener for me.

Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:05 am

I've always listened to Cash. I also have many of his performances on DVD. I just can't bring myself to watch the movie though. No matter who the actor it is, they just don't seem to be able to portray my heroes.

With the exception of Don Johnson in Elvis and the Beauty Queen of course.

Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:38 pm

Rob wrote:With the exception of Don Johnson in Elvis and the Beauty Queen of course.

Who played Elvis in that ?

Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:41 pm

Don Johnson.

It was the worst portrayal of Elvis that I've seen yet. I waited years after the original airing, but finally broke down and watched the travesty. I still can't get it out of my mind.

I'm sure you've seen it, but if not, do yourself a favor and don't.