Off Topic Messages

Alternate shot of Born to run

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:13 pm

Pretty cool huh :-)

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:14 pm

FINALLY, a Maurice who actually is cool. Thanks for the pic.

Tom

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:03 am

The new three-disc set is great. Besides better views of Springsteen's Elvis Fan Club button, we get:

Great in-studio footage from that era tucked into the documentary disc.

The bonus DVD tracks are great and include the same performance from the rarest of Springsteen single tracks (the Playback record club disc from '73).

The full concert disc is fantastic -- strong audio with only a couple of tiny tape glitches and excellent video, though the lighting is low some places.

Oh, yeah, and of course the remastered album sounds great, too.

Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:21 am

I'm a casual Springsteen fan. I have Born To Run and Greatest Hits, plus a few other things on vinyl.

What's the best source for Springsteen covering Elvis songs?

Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:54 pm

EagleUSA wrote:I'm a casual Springsteen fan. I have Born To Run and Greatest Hits, plus a few other things on vinyl.

What's the best source for Springsteen covering Elvis songs?

There a Stone Pony London Compolation called SPL Live Collection Vol. 11 - Follow That Dream.

Here's a link to the artwork: http://www.spl-artwork.net/livecollection/dream.zip

Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:55 am

Mike C wrote:There a Stone Pony London Compolation called SPL Live Collection Vol. 11 - Follow That Dream.

Spellbinder, you're slipping! :wink:

Spellbinder (should have wrote) wrote:Your spelling is atrocious! it should be spelt "Compilation"

Sorry Mike C, I just couldn't help myself! :D

Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:36 pm

Thank you, Mike C, that looks terrific! I'll have to see if I can locate it somewhere!

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:39 am

Keith F wrote:
Mike C wrote:There a Stone Pony London Compolation called SPL Live Collection Vol. 11 - Follow That Dream.

Spellbinder, you're slipping! :wink:

Spellbinder (should have wrote) wrote:Your spelling is atrocious! it should be spelt "Compilation"

Sorry Mike C, I just couldn't help myself! :D

Good catch. Keith. Not a problem. I visit your site often and enjoy very much, so I think we are even.:)

Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:40 am

EagleUSA wrote:Thank you, Mike C, that looks terrific! I'll have to see if I can locate it somewhere!

Eagle: I have this disc. I don't have a burner at the moment. Look on the vineyard on backstreets.com/btx for a vine with this disc floating aorund.

If you can wait a bit, I'll gladly send you a copy when I get a burner.