Off Topic Messages

mp3 help, please!

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:47 pm

Hi y'all,

Last night I started converting my Elvis stuff onto the mp3 format so I could put several albums onto one cd, and later my ipod. I'm using "musicmatch".

I finished the 50s tracks this morning - just masters, acetates, alt masters, binaural, rarities etc (Loving You confused the hell out of me!), not really alt takes as such, and had them all in playlists - Sun, Elvis Presley, King Creole etc - and sent them to be burnt.

Problem is, the cd has got all the tracks on it (181 songs, if I'm not mistaken) but they're in alphabetical order so the last song is Your Cheatin' Heart, not Ain't That Loving You Baby as I hoped it would be!

Also, it's come out as one big album, rahter than in the small, specific playlists I'd made. Sounds great (I thought 190 khps was good enough quality for it) but it ain't how I want it.

Would anyone be kind enough to explain what I've buggered up on here?

Ideally, the songs would be arranged in the original album order with plenty of important extras tagged on.

Thanks. :D

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:29 pm

if you want them in a special order, you have to name them with 001, 002, 003 ...
on your ipod, songs are in alphabetical order

Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:44 pm

Thank you!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:46 pm

Or sort them by album title, making sure the track numbers are on before the song name

Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:55 pm

Tried that and it still came out wrong!

Must be making a mistake elsewhere...it's not unusual.

Thanks, Liverbobs. Maybe one day I'll get the hang of it. :?

Re: mp3 help, please!

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:33 am

londonflash wrote:Hi y'all,

I'm using "musicmatch". I finished the 50s tracks this morning - and sent them to be burnt.

londonflash wrote: Problem is, they're in alphabetical order so the last song

Did you use Musicmatc for burning the cd as well ? If you did, rightclick the playlist, click 'send playlist to cd' and then you can drag and drop the files in any order you want.

If you need more assistance, just let me know...

Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:40 am

For MP3 naming, I suggest a program called Tag&Rename.

For MP3 CDs, you have to number them like was earlier suggested, but for your Ipod, using Tag&Rename will let you specify the album title, order of songs, etc.

Though you'll have to put numbers before the albums to get them to work.

If you need help, I'm also very willing to help, as I've already done this myself.