State Fair-60th Anniversary Edition
Scrubs-Season Two
The Flintstones-Season Four
The Huckleberry Hound Show-Vol. 1
The Yogi Bear Show-The Complete Series
Shark Tale

Tom

Next week, look for:

King Kong The 1933 original and the best ever!!
Mighty Joe Young
Son of Kong
King Kong
(1976)
Alien vs. Predator-Unrated
The Polar Express
War of the Worlds
(2005-If you buy this BEFORE buying the 1953 original, I will personally shoot your dog!!!)
The Andy Griffith Show-Season 4
Seinfeld-Seasons 5 and 6
Leave it to Beaver-Season 1
Ran-Criterion

Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:42 pm

War of the Worlds (2005-If you buy this BEFORE buying the 1953 original, I will personally shoot your dog!!!)

I agree with you on the 53 version...i have a cat tho :?

"BANG"

I "did" have a cat :wink:

Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:57 am

Tom - did you pick up the new "Superman" box set yet? (TV show)

If so, how is it?

Rich

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:23 pm

Rich,
I got the Superman set several weeks ago, but have only watched a couple of episodes. They look and sound great, though. Highly recommend the set.

Tom

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:29 pm

Tom:
Any word if the new Season 4 set of the Andy Griffith Show will contain "edited" episodes (like season 3)?
:?:

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:57 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:Tom:
Any word if the new Season 4 set of the Andy Griffith Show will contain "edited" episodes (like season 3)?
:?:

Considering the monumental amout of flack that Paramount took for the edited season 3, I doubt they would go the cheap route again. That is, of course, if they still have the uncut episodes from season 4. Many old shows don't. They only have the edited (syndicated) versions.

Tom

P.S. Look for Season 5 on February 14, 2006.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:14 pm

I picked up "Leave it to Beaver" season 1 the non-lunch box edition and was very disappointed in the packaging. It's a relatively expensive set but the discs are packaged cheaply. Thin plastic jewel cases. Not a problem with that but no episode descriptions on the box (although they are on the DVDs) and no pictures on the inside of the individual cases. Just on the cover and on the back. It looks almost like a bootleg. Cheap flimsy cardboard box to hold the DVDs not like last year's Munster case which was pretty classy. It was very much like the Columbo season II and three cases. None of this would be bad if the low rent quality were reflected in the price (although I understand Amazon has it under $30 which is not bad.) The shows I've watched so far look good but not nearly so good as Paramount's Andy Griffith which had an incredibly rich picture.

There was only one episode edited for season III of AG but it was an all-time classic- "Here Come the Darlings." There was some official reason explained although the PD copy of the same episode is reportedly full length.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:38 pm

I just got this week:

Huckleberry Hound Vol. 1
Yogi Bear Complete Series
The Flintstones Season 4
Stargate Atlantis Season 1

Next week I will get:

King Kong (1933)
Son Of Kong
Mighty Joe Young
Leave It To Beaver Season 1
Andy Griffith Season 4

Hey Tom,
You had mentioned several weeks ago about Gunsmoke coming in January in two sets. I noticed on Amazon.com that there is also a 6 DVD set of Gunsmoke. I'm assuming it will be both sets together in one set but the price is about $5 higher. Is there something extra on the 6 disc set? I haven't pre-ordered Gunsmoke yest as I don't know what will be on the 6 disc set. There is no description on Amazon.com.
Any help would be much appreciated.

jeff R