Off Topic Messages

So... how have your college football teams been doing?

Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:53 pm

Blue-Gypsy I know Bama was on the way to being the Auburn of 2005, still a great season for y'all even with the loss.

My Aggies are 5-5 but can make the season a success by beating a certain hippie team from Austin the day after Thanksgiving.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:38 pm

Well, right now my Georgia Bulldogs are like a drowning man being given a glass of water! :shock:

They've lossed 2 games (Florida, Auburn) that they should have won, but instead chose to blow!
:(

If they loose to Georgia Tech, I'm going to burn my season tickets and join the Simplekins Fan Club! :shock:
Last edited by Big Boss Man on Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:55 am

Penn State has surprised me this year!!!!! I'm going to have to burn my "JoPa Must Go" t-shirt.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:07 pm

Michigan isn't haven't their best season but have turned things around. Coach Lloyd Carr should be given credit for keeping his team fighting hard when they could have easily packed it in.

On Iowa

Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:23 pm

My Iowa Hawkeyes have had a disappointing season to say the least. They were smoked by Iowa State and Ohio State and then lost 2 games they should have won against Michigan and Northwestern. Especially Northwestern. The last 2 minutes were 2 of the most disappointing moments sports wise in my life. On the other hand, we beat up Wisconsin and if we beat Minnesota this weekend we will have a better bowl game. I guess I'll have to say the same thing as Cubs fans: wait til next year!

Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:00 pm

Joe Car wrote:Michigan isn't haven't their best season but have turned things around. Coach Lloyd Carr should be given credit for keeping his team fighting hard when they could have easily packed it in.

I'm a Michigan guy, too, and I agree with that. I like the fact that the Wolverines turned it around, but they fell hard after a lofty pre-season ranking, so the season is still a disappointment. It is very nice to see Michigan State stink it up!

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:24 pm

KHoots wrote:
Joe Car wrote:Michigan isn't haven't their best season but have turned things around. Coach Lloyd Carr should be given credit for keeping his team fighting hard when they could have easily packed it in.

I'm a Michigan guy, too, and I agree with that. I like the fact that the Wolverines turned it around, but they fell hard after a lofty pre-season ranking, so the season is still a disappointment. It is very nice to see Michigan State stink it up!

The expectations for Michigan are always so incredibly high. As far as St. goes, it's always tough to figure out which team will show up.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:28 pm

Wake Forest ended up 4 and 7 on the season, so they pretty much sucked. C'mon basketball season!!!!!!!!!!

Tom

Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:49 pm

But Tom, the good thing about being a Wake Forest fan is it is hard to be disappointed, they are supposed to suck at football. :)

As weird as it is to say it, Texas A&M is looking forward to basketball season as well. We have an awesome second year head coach(Billy Gillispie) and might just make the Big Dance for the first time since the 80's.

Sat Nov 19, 2005 6:47 pm

I'm not much of a college football fan, but here in Columbia S.C.
Steve Spurrier has really made a big difference! The Gamecocks have won 4 straight games, and tonight is the classic rivalry game against Clemson.

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:40 am

Ohio State comes back to beat my Wolverines. Yippee. A perfect end to the regular season...

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:54 am

Spurrier has been amazing at South Carolina, but I am glad Clemson won that game. We played Clemson the past two years with each team winning at home.