Off Topic Messages

Titanic-SE dvd (4dvd)

Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:45 pm

Bought this box yesterday (region2)
seen all the extras and now watching the movie with Camerons audio commentary.
Always liked this movie,in fact im a big fan of james cameron and his movies.
Great dvd release.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:57 pm

Waiting for his next (?) big project; the story of the Bismarck. Hope it donĀ“t turn out as "American" and Hollywoodish as the Titanic movie. The Expedition Bismarck was great, though I would definately have cut out that stupid narrator that he used for the original footage from 1939-41.

Sincerely MB280E

Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:58 pm

It does sound interesting.

BUT, Titanic was good fun. It has great sound, and I am very impressed.

EXCEPT for this.

It happens at Track 23 1:19:20 Does your region have it..has anyone else bought this and discovered the flaw?

Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:39 am

Well I returned the DVD and it is still there. Manufacturing defect just like the jumps in Gone With The Wind. That sucks!

Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:17 am

The special effects in "Titanic" were great. The story was a morass of maudlin Hollywood cliches.

Historically, it's no better than "JFK".

I can live without a re-viewing.......

Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:07 am

i admit to being one of those girly boppers who saw it 4 times in the theater.

i have no wishes to view it ever again. and i actually like the titanic history. now it's become a bit of a joke because of this movie.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:16 am

Eh..joke or not, it is damn entertaining.

It looks good(cept for that flaw!), and it sounds AWESOME in 6.1 DTSES. Rivals Lord Of the Rings, and that is no fooling.

The extras are ok...nothing spectacular. Actually quite dissapointing. The movie though, is to me, good fun.

Though I do wonder if the Old lady could have been cut out. Time and time again, I think I see it as completely extra bull. That and the expidition. It serves no purpose.

The sinking though, is to this day some of the best special effects, and captures many of the moods in a very real way. The separation of class was especially done well.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:38 am

Great special effects...truly awesome!

Rotten storyline. Ship is designed badly & pompous asses think they can better Mother Nature. Two mismatched lovers share a brief fling aboard ill-fated voyage. Ship sinks. Girl survives, has adventures and grows ancient. Jack's a popcicle on the bottom of the Atlantic.

About sums it up.

Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:32 pm

EagleUSA wrote:Ship sinks.

Well, thanks for ruining it for the rest of us! Why don't you THINK before you post???

Tom

Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:50 pm

genesim wrote:It does sound interesting.

BUT, Titanic was good fun. It has great sound, and I am very impressed.

EXCEPT for this.

It happens at Track 23 1:19:20 Does your region have it..has anyone else bought this and discovered the flaw?

no error on my region2 edition

Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:19 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
EagleUSA wrote:Ship sinks.

Well, thanks for ruining it for the rest of us! Why don't you THINK before you post???

Tom

EagleUSA: thanks for telling me. I was going to buy and watch the movie but now you just posted what happens in the end! :shock: :lol:

Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:27 pm

Eagle -

You revealed that it sunk !

Thank goodness you didn't mention the iceberg !

D'oh !

Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:53 pm

Well that sucks! On my player it shows up Green and screwed up. That is the computer snap shot, which doesn't look so bad.

I hate it nonetheless.

I got an exchange, and of course it made no difference.

As for the movie about it being the "ship sinking", that is like saying The Longest Day is just about WWII....uh DUH!

I feel the story is well told, and the characters are engaging. True Rose is a spoiled brat who couldn't even do what she could to save Jack, but hey..that was her character.

As is stands, the romance was believeable and the story warts and all was told well. Some stuff was thrown in, but most of it was absolutely true. Good entertainment.