Off Topic Messages

Sending discs

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:27 am

Is anyone else feeling that discs to foreign countries are being intercepted?..I have sent some to countries outside the EC and I`m getting emails saying they have not arrived.. I usually mark the Custom Label as.. Used Data discs.....I have to say.... NO MONEY CHANGED HANDS.. not even postage was asked for.. but it really pisses me off that I`m made to look that I`m someone who does not keep her promises..if this continues I`ll just STOP sending.. sorry :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:58 am

The last time I suggested that postal workers 'intercepted' packages that looked like CD's or DVD's, someone jumped down my throat.

So I won't repeat it.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:32 am

Colin...I know what you are referring to...but my son is not a thief....he would not dare..having me as his Mum..lol

But it is true.. I`ve sent a load of stuff out..non EC thats not got there...its very disheartning....I just feel I`m going to get slagged off for sending stuff and slagged off for it not arriving....so.. I`m sorry.. but from now on.. no more... ask elsewhere.. My day is done.. hope you enjoyed it while it happened :D :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:42 am

Hey Rusty I've got a package for ya! :wink:

Look ma no hands! :lol: :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:26 am

I haven't had any problems and I've sent thousands of packages over the years. I may have had a couple that didn't make it.
Maybe if they are not packaged well, they tear or rip and the package is lost.

jeff R

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:29 am

Insurance usually fixes this problem. I have had two packages dissapear. THIEVES

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:54 am

I have not had much of a problem with this over the years, but a postal worker from our closest city Newcastle was busted a few years ago now.
He ripped off thousands of dollars worth of postal goods. :x

8)

Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:23 am

sam wrote:I have not had much of a problem with this over the years, but a postal worker from our closest city Newcastle was busted a few years ago now.
He ripped off thousands of dollars worth of postal goods. :x

8)

Sam has asked me to state that this person was in no way related to Rusty !

Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:56 pm

I've had 2 registered packages (cd's) make there way to the German sorting office in Frankfurt and go no further, luckily because they were registered i got my money back, but i won't send anything to Germany again.

Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:21 pm

I recall sending a package to Jordan and it took two months to get there.

When I was trying to track it I found out that from my local post office in the UK it had taken less than 24 hours to arrive in Miami.

It then took another two months to get from Miami to JR in Memphis.

Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:08 am

Steve_M wrote:I recall sending a package to Jordan and it took two months to get there.

When I was trying to track it I found out that from my local post office in the UK it had taken less than 24 hours to arrive in Miami.

It then took another two months to get from Miami to JR in Memphis.

Sending packages country to country is a bit dicey. I only did this once and it took longer than they (here) said it would.
sue

Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:47 am

Since using internet sites to purchace DVD's,CD's and Video games for the kids,I have had a lot go missing.

Over the course of 4 years I would say that I've had around a dozen go astray.around half of those were from Canada.

I've had recorded items posted through the letter box that have clearly had their recorded stickers ripped off.

Our postal service,at least in my area,is a sham.