YES
10%
NO
90%

Total votes : 40

ELVIS IMPERSONATORS

Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:35 pm

Just Yes or No.

I´m completely against Elvis impersonators. How about you?

Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:21 pm

NO!!!

CAN'T STAND THEM!!!

Br
Kristian

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:05 pm

I like them, actually. They're quite good if you coat them in egg whites & bread crumbs & fry them in a bit of oil with some capers....d'oh...wait...that's my chicken recipe...sorry.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:55 pm

To me, it just depends on who the person is and how they present the music and image.

If the music is presented in a good/professional manner (and Elvis given credit for it), while his image is treated with respect and not mocked (ex: "thankyouverymuch" repeated about 50,000 times in 5 minutes), then I'm happy to watch and enjoy them.

If not, then I say shoot the person! :twisted:

Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:59 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:To me, it just depends on who the person is and how they present the music and image.

If the music is presented in a good/professional manner (and Elvis given credit for it), while his image is treated with respect and not mocked (ex: "thankyouverymuch" repeated about 50,000 times in 5 minutes), then I'm happy to watch and enjoy them.

Me too. If they're good at it then I find them quite enjoyable. I've never been too precious about my Elvis fandom. He's the peoples' entertainer and if some of the people wanna dress up like him and sing like him, hell, let 'em!

Jules

Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:07 pm

Never seen a good one.

My favourite remains the one I saw at a bar in the Canary Islands. Excellent and obviously expensive jumpsuit - the boy could sing, not like Elvis, but he could sing.

The wig was good...but it didn't fit. This meant it slipped forward over his eyes. So every dramatic gesture would involve his left or right hand (depending on which was holding the mic') sneaking behind his head to tug the thing back into place.

I hadn't laughed so hard in a long time, once I twigged what was going on :lol:

"And all my trials Lord will soon be over (tug!!)"

Geoff

Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:33 pm

EagleUSA wrote:I like them, actually. They're quite good if you coat them in egg whites & bread crumbs & fry them in a bit of oil with some capers....d'oh...wait...that's my chicken recipe...sorry.

I already took notes and my mother will do this for next sunday. :shock:

Actually this is better than watching impersonator!

Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:47 am

Trent Carlini is one who puts on a very good show. I caught him last year at the Hilton in Vegas, and he did it right. His look, band, wardrobe, presentation, the whole nine yards. It was very impressive. Most of the time we see only the buffoons, but there are some impersonators/tribute artists who do Elvis justice with their act.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:02 am

KHoots wrote:Trent Carlini is one who puts on a very good show. I caught him last year at the Hilton in Vegas, and he did it right. His look, band, wardrobe, presentation, the whole nine yards. It was very impressive. Most of the time we see only the buffoons, but there are some impersonators/tribute artists who do Elvis justice with their act.

absolutely KHoots...

I also caught that show while I stayed in Vegas and that show blew me away. I liked the fact that they showed the "Real Elvis" on the video screen as Trent was about to come out. It was almost as if he wanted remind everyone who the real Elvis was.

Trent was accurate in his performance and singing, no mocking at all. I think he really takes the impersonating seriously and he is respectful to Elvis' memory. He recieved several standing ovations and I thought it was well deserved.

He is about the only impersonator I could say this about.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:14 am

eevrybody, my mother, father, and me are planning to see Max Pellicano in 2 weeks time. is he worth seeing? i've seen his poster and he looks VERY good. what songs does he do? do you think i could call out a request and he'd do it?

anyway, i agree with what Big Boss Man said. if they do it with respect, then good on them. but if they mock em, shoot em! :lol:

so do i like Elvis impersonators (i was planning to be one he he :lol: ), depends how they do

but i would have done a good job if i'd done it :wink:

Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:22 pm

Impersonators overall hurt Elvis. And does not say much for the :smt017 fans wanting a scarf from some clown.
Last edited by Juan Luis on Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:19 pm

There simply is no need for them.

If there wasn't hundreds of hours of Elvis footage to watch then maybe, but thankfully there is plenty of the real thing. :lol:

Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:39 pm

If there are people who are entertained and have a good time watching ETA`s, well good for them, life`s to short to get all worked up about a guy in a cheap suit and wig who can`t sing. All this stuff about these guys harming Elvis` reputation though is crap, some people take this kind of thing was to seriously.

Myself, i can`t watch them to save my life.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:03 pm

It does harm Elvis because the impersonators are everywhere! Almost come out of the woodwork. And non fans are not laughing at them, but at the real Elvis.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:24 pm

Nahhh......There is a lot of humour to be found in Elvis` later image, it was all so over the top. Only Elvis could have gotten away with it, and even he could`nt towards the end. And i dont always like it, but Elvis set himself up to be poked fun at. Sad but true.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:19 pm

Shove 'em all up Elton John's arse. On second thoughts, he'd probably enjoy that. Nah, just shoot the twats instead. Then shoot Elton John.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:47 pm

I take it you dont like the little fat be-wigged one then Tits ?

Sun Nov 13, 2005 5:41 am

I voted no cause I'm not really crazy about them, but I did see one impersonator about 7 years ago at a dinner theater here in Dayton his name was Mike Albert and he did pretty good though I really can't say that he came close to the real thing.

Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:35 am

I HATE THEM!!!!!

Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:46 am

Leo wrote:I voted no cause I'm not really crazy about them, but I did see one impersonator about 7 years ago at a dinner theater here in Dayton his name was Mike Albert and he did pretty good though I really can't say that he came close to the real thing.

If they can't come close then they can't be "good" :lol:

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:12 am

I voted yes because sometimes they will come up unexpectedly for a few seconds (like in an advertisement) and they remind me that Elvis is still in the building!!
sue

Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:23 am

Carolyn, Sometimes I eat oily peanut butter, intentionally!! I still like it when someone thinks to put Elvis in their commercial! :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:48 pm

Thanks for all votes and replies!

Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:35 pm

KHoots wrote:Trent Carlini is one who puts on a very good show. I caught him last year at the Hilton in Vegas, and he did it right. His look, band, wardrobe, presentation, the whole nine yards. It was very impressive. Most of the time we see only the buffoons, but there are some impersonators/tribute artists who do Elvis justice with their act.

Hate to be the bringer of bad news but... he escaped! :P

Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:19 pm

The outcome of this poll was a foregone conclusion.