Off Topic Messages

Market Square Arena - Indianapolis, Indiana

Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:48 am

In case some of you have never seen the building where Elvis performed his last concert. I saw a couple of basketball games there as well as a Conway Twitty / George Jones concert in 1989.

Each time I was there, I tried to imagine what it was like on June 26, 1977. Anyway....check out the history of the arena if you'd like.

http://www.lostindiana.net/html/market_square_arena.html

Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:24 am

sad to know its not there anymore, thank you for that link though Rob, interesting stuff 8)

Re: Market Square Arena - Indianapolis, Indiana

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:00 am

Rob wrote:In case some of you have never seen the building where Elvis performed his last concert.

You did use the word Elvis in your post Rob, therefore it qualifies for the ALL ELVIS section. Other topics appropriate for the ALL ELVIS section include:

ooPs I bRoke My pElvis

My grilled cheese resembles Elvis Costello!

the other day i was just running around and then you know i saw this guy and he said stop and like i did well i not running but on a scooter thingy. and on it i stopped and he had those glasses like elvis and was rude so. then my scooter was blue but he spilled beer on it so part of it was brown after that it dried all sticky and yuck flies and i was mad and went home anyway.

Eileen

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:03 am

Eileen wrote:You did use the word Elvis in your post Rob, therefore it qualifies for the ALL ELVIS section.

No, it's Off Topic.
Chat-Talk at best.

But I know what you're getting at.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:56 am

Rob wrote:But I know what you're getting at.

Thank goodness, else I'd have to Image, or even worse Image

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:40 pm

Rob wrote:I saw a couple of basketball games there as well as a Conway Twitty / George Jones concert in 1989.

http://www.lostindiana.net/html/market_square_arena.html

How nice that! I like George Jones. It must have been a good show.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:32 pm

Eileen,

Your post was pure All Elvis - I'd go as far as to say it should have been a sticky thread as well (no, no spilt beer pun intended) as its one that everyone would surely want to reference, judging, as you say, by some of the recent contributions.

The way to win is by setting the example though, but still some will be blind to anything but their own "prose" I'm afraid. :cry:

Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:04 pm

Very cool stuff Rob :D

It's sad to see all of this historic Elvis related landmarks disappearing.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:20 pm

Thanks Rob I was there! :)